LighthouseKeepers.com

October 2007 Legacy

Posted By: Bob Ott

October 2007 Legacy - 10/17/07 03:22 AM

To all,

The October 2007 Issue of the Lighthouse Legacy was sent to my inbox about 4 hours ago. It looks pretty good.

What's in it?

A Tribute to Fred Kuhlman
A Special Journey for Bill
A Tribute to Bill
And more, more, more.....

It's well worth reading.

bobo
Posted By: Bob M

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 10/17/07 12:06 PM

ONCE AGAIN, I'm not able to open the Legacy from the email that was sent to me. I guess it must be some sort of glitch in my computer. If one of you kind folks would send me the link I might be able to open it.

:rolleyes: Bob :rolleyes:
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 10/17/07 02:23 PM

Printed a copy out last night. Plan to read it today when I take a break. smile
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 10/17/07 03:54 PM

Got mine for bedtime reading last night! Perfect ! applaud

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 10/17/07 08:04 PM

Margret was nice enought to send me the Legacy file. It downloaded just fine and opened right up. Thank you, Margret!
Posted By: sandy

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 10/17/07 10:26 PM

Bob,

Once is enough!! (You seem to be caught in a circle--hopefully, this will correct that glitch.)

Sandy

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 10/17/07 10:43 PM

Bob,

I think that Margret knows that you thank her for sending the Legacy file. Eleven (11) times is more than sufficient. tired

bobo

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 10/17/07 11:12 PM

you are welcome BobM, no problem!

Shame that you are having such troubles with the Legacy. Wonder why??? confused

I enjoyed the Legacy! applaud

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 10/18/07 01:30 AM

I didn't realize my post ended up multiplying itself several times. I wasn't drinking at the time and I didn't fall asleep with my face on the keyboard.

Once again, this was a great Legacy and the folks who contributed to it should be proud!

smile Bob smile

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 10/18/07 02:24 AM

Bob,

Quote:
I wasn't drinking at the time and I didn't fall asleep with my face on the keyboard.
What a neat response. I love it.

bobo
Posted By: Cyndi

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 10/19/07 05:12 AM

I recieved mine, have read it, and printed it to read agian later. Wonderful issue.
Posted By: cclighthousebuff

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 10/24/07 10:48 PM

What is the methodology for receiving the Legacy by email? I have not been "in the loop" since the Youngers "moved on"? I'm also interested in people's assessment of HL's ability to move forward. Like so many others, high # editions and too frequent offerings drove me away a couple of years ago.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 10/24/07 11:46 PM

Call the Home Office about the Legacy..

1-800-365-1219

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 10/25/07 10:11 AM

Quote:
I'm also interested in people's assessment of HL's ability to move forward.
I'm still a believer! I'm still on auto ship for all LE's, AB's, Lenses, etc. I'm still buying and selling on the secondary market.

I like what I see is happening with the new Harbour Lights. The current owners are very savy about collectibles and have the ability to return Harbour Lights to a sought after collectible. Right now, I feel they are making the right moves. I sincerely hope this trend continues.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Rusty

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 10/25/07 01:51 PM

Bob,

I too hope they can turn it around. It was really fun back in the 90's.

Rusty

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 10/25/07 02:44 PM

Quote:
I like what I see is happening with the new Harbour Lights.
While I don't quite agree with all of the new things that are happening, I do like the trend. It looks like the "new team" cares about the brand and about it's collectors. So I hope for "long may it continue"!!!
Posted By: ginnyanne

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 11/04/07 09:40 PM

I, too, could not open my new Legacy email. Something abut an error in the message. Help!
Posted By: Dave H

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 11/05/07 12:28 AM

ginnyanne,

Your ISP is AOL - same as many of those who have problems. I wonder if the problem is that AOL blocks embedded hot links from working. And, since the link is not sent "in the clear" it can not br copied and pasted. I will ask Tony if they would consider sending the link in the clear so even if you can not hot link from it you could copy and paste to get the file to open.

Sometimes AOL and other ISPs take it upon themselves to help protect you from yourself.

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 11/05/07 02:20 AM

Well Dave, maybe you've put a hex on everyone using AOL? laugh

Just kidding. I had the same problem in the beginning. However, I searched around and finally eliminated the problem by totally removing AOL from my computer.

Now I access AOL using Internet Explorer. It works like a simplified AOL -- but no problems since. Who knows? It might work for others.

bobo

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 11/05/07 02:41 AM

I'm not removing AOL from my computer. I use it several times every day and I don't want to access it in a different way. After all, the Legacy doesn't come out that often, and thanks to my CF friends I get to read it one way or another.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Dave H

Re: October 2007 Legacy - 11/05/07 03:37 AM

Bob, not advocating you remove your AOL even though it is often the common denominator in problems people experience. I made the statement only because it does again seem to be the common denominator in the "can't link to the Legacy" situation. I have sent Tony a note asking if they could include a plain text link in the future so you could copy it and paste it into the browser window to get to the page. Putting in a plain text link isn't as classy as having the named link, but it may solve these problems.
© 2024 Collector Forums