LighthouseKeepers.com

Nancy is NELL's Special Guest on Cape Cod

Posted By: RFoster

Nancy is NELL's Special Guest on Cape Cod - 05/23/01 02:23 AM

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=968985&a=13007335&p=48994848&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]
NELL members with Nancy Younger at Cape Cod's Chatham Lighthouse. It was a wonderful weekend which included visits to many of the lighthouses on Cape Cod and our Sat. dinner with guest speaker Tim Harrison (American Lighthouse Foundation / Lighthouse Depot). I have been very busy trying to download images and build an online album for all to enjoy. I hope to have it complete in a couple of days and will post the link here.

"Keeping The Flame in New England"
Ron
Posted By: Nana

Re: Nancy is NELL's Special Guest on Cape Cod - 05/23/01 02:45 AM

What a great looking group...spoke to Nancy briefly today in CA..and she was just bubbling with the report of what a great time she had had!

We are looking forward to more.....
Derith
Posted By: oseabee

Re: Nancy is NELL's Special Guest on Cape Cod - 05/23/01 04:16 AM

What a great picture reminds me of when many Chathamites got together I believe it was New Years day and the local paper took a picture like this one.really makes me a bit homesick.Hope I get back there this summer.
Bill O'Brien
Posted By: Penny56r

Re: Nancy is NELL's Special Guest on Cape Cod - 05/23/01 04:25 AM

Great picture and wonderful weekend. The weather couldn't have been better. Blue skies the whole weekend. We had a great tour guide that not only told us about lighthouse history, but also included history of Cape Cod. We had the opportunity to visit and climb Chatham, Nauset, 3 Sisters and Highland Light.

Penny & Randy
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Nancy is NELL's Special Guest on Cape Cod - 05/23/01 05:32 AM

Welcome Penny & Randy!

Glad you joined us. Sounds like it was a great time on the Cape.
Posted By: Walt Mills

Re: Nancy is NELL's Special Guest on Cape Cod - 05/23/01 06:19 AM

Thanks Penny & Randy for planning the great weekend. Ron the group picture looks good. Can't wait for the rest of your excellent pictures.

Walt and Laurel
Posted By: Augie K.

Re: Nancy is NELL's Special Guest on Cape Cod - 05/23/01 01:21 PM

Lisa and myself had a great weekend. Thank you Penny and Randy. It was our first time to the Cape, we loved it. Take Care.

Augie

Re: Nancy is NELL's Special Guest on Cape Cod - 05/23/01 01:55 PM

Hi to Penny and Randy...thanks for the email last night Penny...sounds like you all had a great time on Cape Cod.....
Derith
Posted By: CarolZ

Re: Nancy is NELL's Special Guest on Cape Cod - 05/23/01 02:08 PM

Ray and I also had a great time this past weekend. The tour was welled planned (Thanks Penny & Randy). We even had time to sit on the beach between stops. It was great! And the tour guide, Jo Marie, really knew Cape Cod (and she sings, too!). We really learned a lot about the area (from whaling to lighthouses to how much the homes are selling for). But of course the best part was the lighthousing!!! They are beautiful!!

Re: Nancy is NELL's Special Guest on Cape Cod - 05/24/01 03:55 AM

Where are you in the photo, Carol?

Derith
Posted By: CarolZ

Re: Nancy is NELL's Special Guest on Cape Cod - 05/24/01 03:08 PM

Derith,
I am the third one from the left, front row. Next time you should try to visit New England when we have one of our NELL events.

Someday we will finally meet. Until then...Carol

Re: Nancy is NELL's Special Guest on Cape Cod - 05/25/01 01:36 AM

The online photo album is still in the works but there are over 50 pictures posted so far.

Click here to see more of NELL’s Wonderful Cape Cod Weekend with Nancy

Thanks again to all of those people who made this event such a success.

"Keeping The Flame Alive in New England"
Ron
Posted By: mombo

Re: Nancy is NELL's Special Guest on Cape Cod - 05/25/01 04:00 AM

Nice photos Ron! Looks like you had a fine time and a fine day for lighthousing!

Did you see the woman who lives at Nauset Light? Do you know if there are any plans to restore the lantern rooms on the two "Sisters" of Nauset that don't have them?

Re: Nancy is NELL's Special Guest on Cape Cod - 05/25/01 04:07 AM

Thanks Sue for the compliment on the pictures. I will be adding to the album more pictures from attendees (if they send them to me). I didn't see the woman who lives at Nauset Light (although I do believe some of the woman on the tour would love to live there). I know of no plans to restore the other two lantern rooms on the other two "Sisters" towers.

Ron
Posted By: navyelt

Re: Nancy is NELL's Special Guest on Cape Cod - 05/29/01 03:17 PM

Looks like you had quite the good time! I ran into your group at the Highland lighthouse. We happened to be on vacation and decided to go to the cape also. Got to see and go inside Highland, Nauset, Three Sisters and Nobska. We had a great time!
© 2024 Collector Forums