LighthouseKeepers.com

HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A PIECE?

Posted By: rustyjax

HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A PIECE? - 02/04/09 06:19 PM

Well y'all, if finally happend! Pulled my hand out of my shorter curio, after turning the light on, and knocked Yaquina Head off the top shelf!
What seemed to be a 30 minute tumble, with some half gainers, it did a cannon ball right into the floor! Needless to say, the carpet was NO HELP at all!

I cried!

has anything like this happend to you?
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A PIECE? - 02/04/09 06:58 PM

Quote:
has anything like this happend to you?
Not yet,.... but $&*# happens. So I'm sure that it will some day! When it does, I too will cry.

Give Rich a call... he's good at repairing these things as I understand. Although it may not be repairable.
Posted By: JJ

Re: HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A PIECE? - 02/04/09 11:30 PM

You think you feel bad? There are those of us around who remember when Bill Younger went to sign a Coquille River (#111) and turned it over and hit the table and split it in two. Needless to say he replaced it for the collector but that was a bad day. At least you can replace yours for a reasonable price these days.

My worst "accident" was while dusting the shelf and returning St. Marks to the curio, I put too much pressure on the light and snapped off a palm tree. That sinking feeling goes away after awhile smile
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A PIECE? - 02/04/09 11:37 PM

Rustyjax - How bad is the damage? Can you shoot me a picture of the damaged piece? Are all the pieces there? I repair for free if you pay the shipping both ways.
Posted By: rgurskey

Re: HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A PIECE? - 02/05/09 12:24 AM

While taking White River out of the box for the first time, I gripped it wrong, and put pressure on the smokestack/chimney of the fog signal building and snapped it off. I haven't tried to glue it back on.
Posted By: erniedee

Re: HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A PIECE? - 02/05/09 04:42 AM

I had a Pensacola slip right out of my hand and fall on a TILE floor years ago. I know what you mean Rustyjax the fall seemed to be in slo-mo (but it wasn't). Luckily, I was able to replace it soon after.
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A PIECE? - 02/05/09 05:38 AM

Yep! It happens to most of us at one time or another. It is very emotional but like JJ says it goes away after awhile. My biggest nightmare is that the curio shelves will collapse even though we have clear dowels under each one for a bit more strength.

Judy
Posted By: Rock

Re: HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A PIECE? - 02/05/09 07:27 AM

Oh yeah...I am personally responsible for the annihilation of Bolivar Point, TX #2003 a few years back with the sleeve of my sweatshirt whilst flailing about putting it on...and then there was the decapitation of Staten Island, NY piece that didn't even make it from the box to the shelf...I smacked it against the outer edge of the curio and knocked the lantern room completely off...

Re: HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A PIECE? - 02/05/09 02:05 PM

Man, these testimonies are making me laugh, and feeling a whole lot better about myself!

This is like "AA" for collectors!
Hi, my name is Rusty, and I am a lighthouse wrecker!

I hope more come forward, and "let it out"!

Rich,, I appreciate the offer, but I would never feel the same about the piece knowing of the abuse I've caused it! And as "JJ" mentioned,,, I'm already dealing for another!
Posted By: keeperpam2

Re: HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A PIECE? - 02/05/09 04:36 PM

Back in the days when I had a Harbour Light collection....they were all boxed, ready to move, and my daughters Newfoundland/Labrador pup ate through the strong U-Haul box, and annihilated one of the pieces. Luckily we caught him before he got into the rest.
At the moment I don't remember which one it was.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A PIECE? - 02/06/09 02:03 PM

Have you every WASHED a HarbourLights in your Dishwasher ?
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A PIECE? - 02/06/09 02:57 PM

No John, only you in this world!

Re: HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A PIECE? - 02/06/09 04:08 PM

YOU GOTTA TELL US JUST HOW CLEAN IT CAME OUT!
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A PIECE? - 02/06/09 09:05 PM

Rusty,

The answer is in Johns post. Just click on the link.
Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Re: HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A PIECE? - 02/07/09 02:32 AM

I lost two in the move to Florida. Point Arena and East Brother..... I still have a few boxed up and haven't open, too so there may be more....
Posted By: Cyndi

Re: HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A PIECE? - 02/07/09 06:01 AM

I haven't broken any yet. I am sure I will cry like a baby the first time one gets broken. And I know my family hopes it will be by my hands and not one of thiers.
© 2024 Collector Forums