LighthouseKeepers.com

Harbour Lights, Wright Bros. Similarity

Posted By: ga light man

Harbour Lights, Wright Bros. Similarity - 01/10/03 01:28 AM

I just found out from my dealer that Harbour Lights is making a figurine in memory of the 100 years of flight and the Wright Bros. flight at Kitty Hawk because of the birthday coming soon this year. Me being an aircraft mechanic, it does have special meaning.Plus it is coming from Harbour Lights. It will be a limited edition.
Number 1 will be dedicated to the Wright Bros. memorial it self to be displayed.My dealers will be the only dealers to offer this figurine in the country because they are located in Nags Head S.C.
and they have a great relationship with Bill Yonger and Harbour Lights.
I was told it may possibly be out in June or early July.I have already put my order for one as I think this will be a great memorial and a great piece to add to my collection.
I would like to hear some thoughts from everyone and if interested just e-mail me and I will be glad to give anyone that is interested their address and phone number. They are great people to deal with.When I get more info I will pass it on here.
Rick
Posted By: SThompson

Re: Harbour Lights, Wright Bros. Similarity - 01/10/03 01:59 AM

I am interested in what it will be of. The Wright Brothers themselves, the airplane, the memorial? Any ideas?

I believe for Harbour Lights to be correct it should also be the 100th Anniversary of Powered Flight. There were balloons and gliders long before the Wright Brothers flew.

Wright Brothers National Memorial

smile
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Harbour Lights, Wright Bros. Similarity - 01/10/03 06:34 AM

If this is a one dealer only piece, I would venture that it is a deal similar to the Lighthouse Depot Fort Washington Bell Tower. The dealer would have to commit to the entire product run. Could be an interesting little piece, but will it be a HL piece, or a Historic Buildings piece? Or even, Historic Buildings by Younger & Assoc instead of by HL?

Dave
Posted By: Bill Harnsberger

Re: Harbour Lights, Wright Bros. Similarity - 01/10/03 08:17 PM

I think it would be neat to create a replica of the Wright Brothers Memorial...a very cool structure.

Either that, or a replica of the actual patch of land over which the first flight was made...perhaps with the plane sitting at the end, having just finished its historic flight.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Harbour Lights, Wright Bros. Similarity - 01/13/03 05:37 AM

That would be kewl.... laugh
© 2024 Collector Forums