LighthouseKeepers.com

URGENT!!! Please read.....

Posted By: Brent

URGENT!!! Please read..... - 07/20/03 02:55 PM

Within the past two days an article has appeared on Russ Rowlett's site, "The Lighthouse Directory" called...."House Committee cuts funds for Lighthouse Preservation". The article was sent to Russ by Kathy Fleming, Executive Director, St. Augustine Lighthouse & Museum.

You can check out the article at:
http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/lighthouse/fund_cut.htm

It appears that some sort of e-mail campaign needs to begin A.S.A.P. mad
Posted By: seagirt

Re: URGENT!!! Please read..... - 07/20/03 09:34 PM

BAAAADDDDDDDD....VERRRRY BAAAAADDDDDDDD... eek eek eek eek

We need to do something about this quick!!!

I think there is a government website with links to email all the senators and house members near you. If you look at the bottom of the page, they list all the members of this committee. Find one that is near you, and write!

Will reply with the link soon!

Re: URGENT!!! Please read..... - 07/20/03 09:44 PM

Here's the link to get to the personal pages of each committee member.

Committee on Appropriations member list

If you can't get an email address to send to here, I have the home page for the house following this post up.

Re: URGENT!!! Please read..... - 07/20/03 09:46 PM

Here we go...not the homepage, but the "contact your representitive" page. Just make sure that the rep you contact is on the page of my previous post!!!
Posted By: buster

Re: URGENT!!! Please read..... - 07/21/03 01:43 AM

Glad no one from CT on the list. smile
Posted By: plebetkin

Re: URGENT!!! Please read..... - 07/21/03 05:12 AM

Buster, the Faulkner Island Lighthouse preservation is on the list when I searched today
Posted By: Brent

Re: URGENT!!! Please read..... - 07/21/03 09:10 PM

I don't really think that its a case of "what has been spent in the past" as is "what could be lost in the future". confused
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: URGENT!!! Please read..... - 07/21/03 11:06 PM

Brent is exactly right.

This is a wonderful source for grant money that has been directed to preservation projects...in particular...LIGHTHOUSES.

The projects you are seeing listed are already beneficiaries of the grant money.

What we could lose here is a major source of grant money for future projects.

It is very important to contact your congressmen, senators,etc. regardless of what state you live in...to help protect this source for the future.

Judy smile
Posted By: TDSimpson

Re: URGENT!!! Please read..... - 07/22/03 01:25 AM

I sent an e-mail to my representative today who is on the committee asking for her vote to defeat this funding elimination bill. I know it is only one voter's request but every vote is supposed to count, right.

Tom
© 2024 Collector Forums