LighthouseKeepers.com

Congratulations Forum Members!

Posted By: Dave H

Congratulations Forum Members! - 12/15/05 07:21 AM

Congratulations Forum Members!

I have just completed a letter to the Friends of Rock Island (caretakers of Pottawatomie Lighthouse) and written them a check for $1,030. This represents the proceeds from 153 Wacko badges and some additional very generous donations from you. What a great effort!

Thanks to each and every one of you who particiapted and contributed to this project. I know that the FORI will put the money to good use. I have asked that they let me know how the money will be used so that I can share that information with you. I am confidant it will be put to good use by the group that has done so much to restore this light to its glory.

I was tempted to ask them to use the money to trim the trees that keep you from getting a good picture from the water side of the light, but figure there is probably a more appropriate use for the money. This year FORI purchased and installed a custom made replica Fresnel lens. I know they have other projects planned.

Again, thanks to each and every one of you who stepped up and participated in the project. It shows that when a bunch of people pitch in a measly $6 you can make a difference and contribute significantly to lighthouse preservation!
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Congratulations Forum Members! - 12/15/05 10:55 AM

Thanks Dave for all your hard work on this and other projects. smile
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Congratulations Forum Members! - 12/15/05 01:27 PM

Dave,

Once again we appauld you for all your hard work and successful completion for every project you have ever undertaken.

bobo
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Congratulations Forum Members! - 12/15/05 03:30 PM

Great job Dave, as always. Looking forward to this years badge.
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Congratulations Forum Members! - 12/15/05 05:02 PM

Thanks Dave for keeping the WACKO badge project going. It goes to show how small donations can turn into a nice check for lighthouse restoration.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Congratulations Forum Members! - 12/15/05 05:06 PM

As always, great job. And Dave donates his time and materials so 100% of the income from sales of WACKO badges goes to the lighthouse.
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Congratulations Forum Members! - 12/15/05 05:52 PM

Brilliant job Dave! Thanks for all the efford!!!
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Congratulations Forum Members! - 12/15/05 06:57 PM

Dave, Thank you for all you do for every member of the forums. Your time, talent and effort are really great and appreciated.
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Congratulations Forum Members! - 12/15/05 09:53 PM

Dave, as usual, we are indebted to you for going so many extra miles for all of us. Thanks for all your wonderful work!
Posted By: texaslighthouselover

Re: Congratulations Forum Members! - 12/15/05 11:03 PM

Dave, As usual another great job. We all appreciate all you do for us on the Forum and for Lighthouse collectors and preservationists in general. Thanks Dave.
smile Bill B. smile
Posted By: kory63

Re: Congratulations Forum Members! - 12/15/05 11:14 PM

Dave,
Thanks for another great job on behalf of lighthouse preservation.
Hope you and your family have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a great 2006! laugh
Rick
Posted By: fra02441

Re: Congratulations Forum Members! - 12/15/05 11:48 PM

Thank you for your efforts. It was a great way to make a donation.
Posted By: wheland

Re: Congratulations Forum Members! - 12/16/05 12:08 AM

Dave,

I'll add my thanks to those here already.

I'm not sure what the HL Collectors Forum would do without you. If you decided to stop participating we'd need 3 or 4 people to replace you.

Dennis
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Congratulations Forum Members! - 12/16/05 12:38 AM

Dennis,

Just three or four? I think maybe seven or eight. wink

bobo
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: Congratulations Forum Members! - 12/16/05 04:36 AM

Ok great - that was around noon. What have you done for us lately? wink

Rgds,
Saint Grinning Ducking and Running
© 2024 Collector Forums