LighthouseKeepers.com

2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights

Posted By: Webmaster

2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 12/29/07 07:23 PM

Here's a link to the latest introductions from HL:

www.harbourlights.com/index.htm
Posted By: TDSimpson

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 12/29/07 08:15 PM

I was so glad to see an Ohio lighthouse being made and especially the one at Cedar Point. I remember giving Dave Hannum a picture a couple of years ago at the Marblehead lighthouse of the Cedar Point lighthouse and if you had anything to do with this Dave, I really appreciate it. This light sits across the Sandusky Bay from Marblehead in a camping area for the amusement park. It looks to be nicely done with the coaster behind it and I will definately be getting this one even if the price of $109 does seem a little high. Thanks Harbour Lights.

Tom
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 12/29/07 08:44 PM

Oooohhhh ... I can feel my piggy bank getting a pounding again ... they look great!
Especially the Cedar Point piece with the Roller Coaster ... Brilliant! applaud Well done HL! waytogo
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 12/29/07 10:22 PM

They all look great !!!

vhappy
Posted By: ctlights

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 12/29/07 11:22 PM

All very nicely done. I thought I would buy the Cedar Point piece since I've actually been there, but $109, extremely high. Is the roller coaster motorized or something?
At that level, definitely a piece you have to see in-store rather than buying on-line or by mail.
Posted By: Roland Babineau

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 12/30/07 12:08 AM

Once these are available and I can get them in for the website, I'll fill you all in as best I can as to what these look like and provide as many details as possible, especially on the Cedar Point, as that is the one that seems to be raising the most questions.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 12/30/07 12:10 AM

The coaster equates to lots of metal work, which in turn runs the price up. Lots of detail work that has to be hand assembled.

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 12/30/07 12:23 AM

Dave, are Waukegon, Windmill Point, and Crown Point in and ready for shipment? I see that they are expected in January.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 12/30/07 01:35 AM

When I get home next week I will be shooting closeups of the 2008 lights and posting them here in the Forums... The coaster ride framework is incredible!! Cedar Point Park is known for their coasters..
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 12/30/07 01:50 AM

Even without seeing it in person, I nominate Cedar Point as a WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone second and third that.
Posted By: mombo

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 12/30/07 02:11 AM

Praise the Lord! Windmill Point finally! A fitting tribute to the Clark family who have maintained this lighthouse and Isle La Motte these many years! smile And the Lake Champlain Memorial as an added bonus! Thank you HL!

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 12/30/07 02:17 AM

I thought you would love Windmill Point and Crown Point being produced, Mombo, I thought of you when I opened the boxes and pulled them out to shoot them..
Posted By: Tony C

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 12/30/07 03:15 AM

Good Saturday Evening!

For the record;

There will be (32) PLUS releases in 2008; this does include Little Lights, Society, Regional and In-Store Event Lights

At this writing' none of the January 2008 releases are in W. Kennebunk. I willl post when the "auto-ship" is made.

and as I said in an earlier post "Harry out Harried Harry"! The BEST attention to detail EVER!

AJC

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 12/30/07 05:28 AM

Thank you for the update Tony.
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 12/30/07 12:24 PM

Quote:
"Harry out Harried Harry"!
Hear Hear ... just from seeing the pictures on the website, they look incredible! applaud
Posted By: Bob M

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 12/30/07 03:56 PM

I just looked at Paul's pics of Windmill Point and Crown Point. Both look great in the pictures and the price is nice at $65 each. Both these pieces should be good sellers. Nice work, Harbour Lights!

smile Bob smile
Posted By: CAVR

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 12/30/07 06:06 PM

Overall, the pieces are great. The roller coaster on the Cedar Point is incredable!

Despite the price tag, my favorite is the South Haven, MI piece just because of the wintery cold ice clinging all over this piece like cake frosting. I don't normally collect MI pieces, but this one is on my wish list. From what I see in Paul's picture, I hope that I don't attempt to eat it when I get it... Neat! :p
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 12/30/07 07:40 PM

I have to say that on the reunion trip to Michigan, I had to buy postcards of South Haven covered in ice and snow - spectacular!!!

So South Haven just grabbed my full attention the minute I saw it! Someday I'll have to see it in all its wintery glory.

Cedar Point comes in a close second if not a tie. I can't wait to see Paul's closeups. The attention to the metalwork must be absolutely out of sight!

I will have to see more pictures before I can rate the others. These two just stand out for me. As I said in another thread, Harry continues to outdo himself. Harry has indeed outHarried Harry!!! waytogo
Posted By: Rrronne

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 12/31/07 10:29 PM

I think this is one of the best new year's releases by HL ever. The detail and variety is incredible. I like them all. I may have to break m rule of only buying what I have been to this year.
Posted By: SThompson

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 01/01/08 01:12 AM

No excitement for me.........no complaints either. They look great but nothing blows the dust off my collection either! Is South Haven a re-do? Or is this the first time it's been out? To lazy to go to the HL web site to look.

zzzzzzzzz

Re: 2008 Winter Introductions for Harbour Lights - 01/01/08 01:18 AM

No LE redo's, Sean, Grand Haven which is just up the road from South hHven has been done, but not South Haven..

Biloxi has been done before as a LE and this year it has been done as a OE, I suspect because it was a Katrina survivor ...
© 2024 Collector Forums