LighthouseKeepers.com

THANKS WACKO'S

Posted By: ericlighthouse

THANKS WACKO'S - 01/11/07 12:44 AM

The board and membership of the St. George Lighthouse Associaton want to thank all of you who bought a WACKO BADGE and an extra thanks to those who gave a little extra.

Foggy Day at Eastpoint (the fog stayed all day and so did we)

Presentation of Check, to the left Richard who heads up the committee for cleaning bricks, Dennis our President (he really is happy), Me and Terry our Secretary and Grant writer

Miller Time

One of our lighthouse neighbors the evening before (notice the moon)
Posted By: Dave H

Re: THANKS WACKO'S - 01/11/07 02:26 AM

Thanks, Eric, for sharing the pictures with everyone. And, thanks to all who purchased a badge this year. This project year after year proves that a little bit of money from a number of people can add up to a nice contribution. Our contribution this year was $825.
Posted By: HCS

Re: THANKS WACKO'S - 01/11/07 03:32 AM

Dave,
That amount is great. I did not realize that just purchasing the badges would add up to that much.
HCS
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: THANKS WACKO'S - 01/11/07 06:49 AM

A good bundle for a worthy Lighthouse.

And one reason it adds up to the significant amount it does is because Dave H donates the supplies and postage as well as his time so 100% of the purchase price goes to the fund for lighthouse preservation.

Thanks Dave...
Posted By: 5lights

Re: THANKS WACKO'S - 01/11/07 03:59 PM

Very nice amount for a very worthy cause.

A big thank you to Dave!!!! applaud
Posted By: rscroope

Re: THANKS WACKO'S - 01/11/07 04:20 PM

Always proud to be part of these lighthouse contributions! Thanks Dave for getting us organized and doing all the 'grunt' work. Truly a Saint!
Bob
Posted By: wheland

Re: THANKS WACKO'S - 01/11/07 08:03 PM

OK, enough mutual admiration- time for the 2007 Wacko Badge cycle to start.

I'm going to have to wear my 2006 Wacko Badge this weekend on Cape cod for the NELL HCLH&Y event.

This is totally unacceptable. laugh

Seriously- congrats to Dave for all of his efforts over the years.

Dennis
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: THANKS WACKO'S - 01/11/07 08:17 PM

Great job Dave !!!!!

groupwave groupwave groupwave

I know he just loves those emoticon's.
Posted By: JJ

Re: THANKS WACKO'S - 01/11/07 09:24 PM

Nice job, as always, Dave. Eric, I would hate to see Dennis when he is not happy. smile
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: THANKS WACKO'S - 01/11/07 09:57 PM

WAY TO GO DAVE!!!! towel towel towel
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: THANKS WACKO'S - 01/12/07 06:04 AM

Thanks, Dave, for always ensuring that we make a healthy contribution to all these worthy lighthouses. And thanks to Eric and all the other terrific St. George volunteers for the fantastic work they have done toward the restoration of this light. Way to go, everyone!! cheers
Posted By: RIP Puls

Re: THANKS WACKO'S - 01/12/07 06:39 AM

Dave!!!YOU the MAN
Posted By: Dave H

Re: THANKS WACKO'S - 01/29/07 06:19 PM

I received a very nice letter from Dennis, the president of the St. George lighthouse Association:

Quote:
Thank you so much for the contribution of $825 on behalf of the Harbour Lights Collectors Forum. The check, delivered by Eric Martin, comes at a time when we are working hard to replenish our account, recently depleted by the cost of reconstruction of the Cape St. George Light lantern room.

We will use the funds as we continue to clean bricks for the eventual reconstruction of the masonry tower. Expenses for tools such as rotary hammers and demolition hammers, with their associated bits, are an ongoing part of the process. It is amazing how quickly the mortar on old bricks can wear down a steel chisel bit!

Please express our gratitude to your membership, whose purchase of the “Wacko Badges” generated this generous donation. It is wonderful that so many individuals joined together to create such a significant contribution to our cause.

Please keep up with our progress by visiting our website at www.stgeorgelight.org. And thank you once again for your support.

Sincerely,

Dennis Barnell
President
Every little bit helps, and as I have said so many times, a lot of people giving just a little really can make a difference!
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: THANKS WACKO'S - 01/29/07 07:00 PM

Congrats to all CF members who proudly wear WACKO badges!
When can I spend the few dollars, which are waiting here for the 2007 one?
I am itching to get another one!!!
smile
© 2024 Collector Forums