LighthouseKeepers.com

society for 1999/2000 ?

Posted By: parritone

society for 1999/2000 ? - 05/18/99 07:54 AM

has any one recieved any thing for the new society year i joined for two years and have yet to get anything on this new year is this normal?
Posted By: Bob M

Re: society for 1999/2000 ? - 05/18/99 12:02 PM

Hi Parritone, ... I haven't received anything yet in New England. Society items were originally suppose to start shipping in May, I think. A safe assumption would be no one has received there Society pieces as of date.

If my memory serves me correctly, I had asked Nancy Younger about the shipping of the Society pieces when I was speaking to her at a "signing" earlier this month. I think her reply was that HL was trying to get the Society Kits out to the dealers first. Maybe everything will all of a sudden fall into place.

One thing for sure when it happens you will hear about it first on the forum. "Stay tuned...don't touch that dial" this is the place you want to be for all information relating to Harbour Lights!

Bob
Posted By: Lighthousedude

Re: society for 1999/2000 ? - 05/18/99 07:35 PM

I was also wondering about when Collectors Society packages would start to arrive.

But then I thought with all the society members there are out there it may take awhile. It will be worth the wait, Baltimore is a nice liitle piece (from the site pix) and Seven Foot Knoll looks good as well.

Patience, Patience, all things come to those who wait. (Although I can't wait for the UPS guy to come!).
Posted By: rscroope

Re: society for 1999/2000 ? - 05/18/99 08:30 PM

Four more to WACHO status Mike!!!
Posted By: btmfdr

Re: society for 1999/2000 ? - 05/18/99 10:40 PM

I joined for last year (98) and this year (99) at the same time, and have yet to receive anything for last year, should I be worried?

Bottomfeeder

Re: society for 1999/2000 ? - 05/19/99 03:43 AM

Hi Bottomfeeder, ...Nothing to worry about, it just takes time. Be patient and you'll be even happier when your HLs arrive. It will be worth the wait.

Bob
Posted By: Art

Re: society for 1999/2000 ? - 05/19/99 07:38 PM

Bottomfeeder,

You didn't say *when* you joined. If you joined for two years back in June of '98, I'd be worried. If you joined in April of '99, I wouldn't be.

------------------
-Art
Posted By: TDSimpson

Re: society for 1999/2000 ? - 05/22/99 01:01 AM

We visited our Harbour Light dealer today (Northern Ohio) and they just received their Society pieces of which we got an up close look at.
The Seven Foot Knoll is a lot nicer piece than expected. We weren't too crazy about it from the pictures we saw but changed our minds quickly.
The colors on the miniature Point Fermin are outstanding and the wave on the Baltimore piece is an eye catcher. Even the ornament of Sea Girt was nice.

Tom & Diane
Posted By: chris g

Re: society for 1999/2000 ? - 05/22/99 06:49 AM

being new to HL, I didn't know what to expect when I turned in my redemption forms for society pieces. My dealer told me that sometimes it takes several months to get them, but he did not say that to malign the company. I believe that if you want quality stuff, then you should be prepared to wait. If you want it fast, buy something cheap! I decided that if it takes a few months for my redemption pieces to come in, then I can just buy other LH in the meantime! (yes, I've got the bug!)
Posted By: Al and Kathy

Re: society for 1999/2000 ? - 05/23/99 12:46 AM

Have been in the Society since the beginning and love HL. It's a great company, but speed is not their middle name.

Kathy
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: society for 1999/2000 ? - 05/23/99 01:42 AM

Harbour Lights orders large quantities of lighthouses from the production source. As the inventory goes down, a new order is placed.

With the Society pieces, everyone who is a current year member will be getting the Baltimore. Last membership year, about 23,000 Cockspurs were made. Assuming most of those people renewed and some new ones joined, you can imagine what kind of a slowdown a huge order would be on the rest of the production.

As for the Baltimore gift piece, Again, they're not going to arrive all at once. These are shipped directly to collectors' homes while the Event Special is shipped to the designated redemption dealer, so that takes a big longer.

As the Society year nears an end, HL doesn't want to be left with an inventory they can't even give away so they wait till the new year starts to place an order just for the balance needed to fulfill all requests.

So we collectors are in that cross-over time. Waiting for the last of the Cockspur to arrive, shipping Baltimore to Society members and shipping Seven Foot Knoll to dealers.
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: society for 1999/2000 ? - 05/23/99 08:30 AM

Yeppers - a lot of HL 'delivery speed' issues are best understood in terms of cash flow and inventory management. Better to base production on sales (pre-sales is best) coupled with some reasonable prediction. Given the lead time they need and the fact of overseas manufacturing, they actually seem to do pretty well in getting stuff to market.

Hopefully HL will suffer no fall-out from Clinton's bombing the Chinese Embassey in Kosovo. Several Chinese manufacturers are reconsidering or at least slowing down 'deals' with U.S. companies.

Now, The Legacy, ...thats a different matter.

__
/im
[This message has been edited by JTimothyA (edited 05-23-99).]

Re: society for 1999/2000 ? - 05/23/99 09:34 PM

I received a letter last week stating my "Members-Only" pieces should arrive at my chosen dealer in about 6-8 weeks. Did anyone else get the same notice?

Bob
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: society for 1999/2000 ? - 05/24/99 02:22 AM

We got our letter a couple of weeks ago, Bob.

WackoPaul '
Keep the Flame
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: society for 1999/2000 ? - 05/24/99 07:48 PM

I too got my letter a few weeks ago, Bob. I guess that means just a few more weeks to wait.......

-Todd
Posted By: QC

Re: society for 1999/2000 ? - 05/24/99 08:27 PM

I ordered my renewal from the 800 # today. Before they took my order I was asked if I got the letter. I hadn't. So my order went in. (I can't wait to get it) If I had the letter would I had to do my renewal differently?
Thanks guys,take care

QC
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: society for 1999/2000 ? - 05/27/99 02:10 AM

I got my Baltimore today. Nice piece. Thank you Harbour Lights.

Rich

------------------
© 2024 Collector Forums