LighthouseKeepers.com

Fourteen Foot Bank, DE

Posted By: Danny

Fourteen Foot Bank, DE - 09/24/05 11:40 PM

Regarding the In-Store Event piece, HL 677 Fourteen Foot Bank DE, can any of the members confirm that the rigging on the ship [in their pieces] has NOT been extended from the foremast to the boom in front? According to a Harbour Lights source, there was a problem with breakage, so that the finished product was not put out with the rigging as shown in the original product photos. At any rate, the rigging on my piece is not extended to the front boom [whatever the angled thing is called], and I just want to make sure that this is, in fact, the way the piece is supposed to be. Thanks.

Danny
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Fourteen Foot Bank, DE - 09/25/05 01:14 AM

We discussed this in an earlir post(can't remember where) and this is the way they were produced, minus the rigging to the yardarm.
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Fourteen Foot Bank, DE - 09/25/05 04:05 AM

http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000670#000000
Posted By: Danny

Re: Fourteen Foot Bank, DE - 09/25/05 11:24 PM

Thanks, everyone, for confirming that HL 677 Fourteen Foot Bank DE did NOT have the rigging extended to the yardarm or spar. I had almost sent my piece back to the dealer to exchange it, but hesitated because it was otherwise in perfect condition. In my piece, the line was trimmed right up to the pulley, with no loose end. This is one instance in which conformity is a good thing! Due to other research obligations, I hadn't gotten around to visiting the site for awhile, so I missed the earlier discussions of the discrepancy.

Danny
© 2024 Collector Forums