LighthouseKeepers.com

URGENT! VOTE FOR LIGHTHOUSE QUARTER!! - Part 2

Posted By: rscroope

URGENT! VOTE FOR LIGHTHOUSE QUARTER!! - Part 2 - 08/05/02 01:47 PM

Continuation of Bill Harnsberger topic!
Folks, I cannot stress the urgency in this message. READ IT CAREFULLY AND THEN TAKE THE SPECIFIC ACTION I AM REQUESTING BELOW. DO NOT WAIT---THIS MAY BE OUR LAST CHANCE TO GET A LIGHTHOUSE ON A STATE QUARTER!!
Maine's governor has opened up the four proposed designs for our state quarter for a public vote.

Two of the designs have lighthouses on them. Both will have very stiff competition from one of the alternative designs---the one with Mount Kathadin and the canoer.

Inexplicably, one of the lighthouses (the one with the sailing ship) is fake---a silly fabrication. IT IS NOT A REAL MAINE LIGHTHOUSE!! Please don't confuse it for Pemaquid---it is NOT Pemaquid!

The other one IS real---West Quoddy. While I'm not a huge fan of the overall design, this is the one that you MUST vote for.

Tell your friends! Tell your neighbors! Tell your family! Vote from both your home computer and your work computer! Vote from any computer you can get your hands on!

PLEASE DO NOT SPLIT THE VOTE---go RIGHT NOW to the web site below and CAST YOUR VOTE FOR WEST QUODDY. We MUST get at least one state quarter with a LIGHTHOUSE on it.
www.maine.gov/quarter

The site takes a long time to load---be patient. The images are really there.

VOTE FOR WEST QUODDY!
Posted By: Ron

Re: URGENT! VOTE FOR LIGHTHOUSE QUARTER!! - Part 2 - 08/05/02 02:26 PM

West Quoddy got my vote today.
Posted By: ktamlin

Re: URGENT! VOTE FOR LIGHTHOUSE QUARTER!! - Part 2 - 08/06/02 12:37 AM

I would urge everyone to e-mail the governor and let him know your opinion on the quarter design. What can it hurt. It just may increase the chance of getting a lighthouse on the quarter.
Posted By: silverfox51

Re: URGENT! VOTE FOR LIGHTHOUSE QUARTER!! - Part 2 - 08/06/02 08:14 PM

Okay, done did it. laugh
Posted By: CAVR

Re: URGENT! VOTE FOR LIGHTHOUSE QUARTER!! - Part 2 - 08/07/02 03:30 PM

What a delight!

I too wasn't that impressed with the new proposed Maine lighthouse quarter, but since I now reside in this wonderful state, I just had to make my vote.....

West Quoddy Lighthouse

Christopher smile
Posted By: Jake

Re: URGENT! VOTE FOR LIGHTHOUSE QUARTER!! - Part 2 - 08/08/02 07:00 PM

Well, I went to go and vote, but the voting is over. Sadly, the fake light (the one w/ the sailing ship) won. frown

We tried.
© 2024 Collector Forums