LighthouseKeepers.com

Looking for a Lighthouse Bulb

Posted By: Anonymous

Looking for a Lighthouse Bulb - 03/11/00 07:16 AM

This may be a strange item to be looking for, but I am all the same. Here in Oregon, all of the working lighthouses have had actual high powered lamps installed. A volunteer told me that they generally give a few years service, and are then replaced. A replacement bulb I believe was said to be about $130.00. I would like to find a used bulb to display with my collectibles, or find a source to purchase a new bulb. Anyone know of a source, or have had the same aspiration to own one? Thank you.

Ned

[This message has been edited by Ned Fenimore (edited 03-11-2000).]
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: Looking for a Lighthouse Bulb - 03/11/00 12:08 PM

Ned;

Thats a great idea. Sean Thompson is in the Coast Guard in San Diego. He's a good guy and very helpful. e-mail him, he would know if they are available and where if anyone would. I think his posts are under SThompson. Click on hte envelope on one of his post for his e-mail address.

Dale
Posted By: SThompson

Re: Looking for a Lighthouse Bulb - 03/11/00 09:18 PM

[This message has been edited by SThompson (edited 10-25-2000).]

Re: Looking for a Lighthouse Bulb - 03/13/00 06:09 AM

Thank you Dale and Sean,

I really appreciate both of your input to the subject.

Will talk to you soon I hope.

Ned....

Re: Looking for a Lighthouse Bulb - 03/25/00 04:03 AM

Just thought I would mention that I did find what I was looking for. The Aids to Navigation unit in Coos Bay, Oregon is helping me out. As soon as I can make it down there, they have a used bulb for me.

On another note, I asked if it was at all possible to get a tour of Cape Arago, or even close enough to get a picture of it, but was declined. Can't blame me for dreaming I guess... :-)

Regards,

Ned
© 2024 Collector Forums