Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Posting Photos under the new system... #199636 12/18/10 09:13 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Check the FAQ (top right-most link in the ribbon at the top of each page. Scroll down to "How do I attach a file to my post" and click on the + sign next to that.

Here's the information you'll find there:

When creating a new thread or response, you'll see a "File Manager" link on the "Full Reply" or "New Post" page. When selecting this option you'll receive a popup which will allow you to attach files to your post.

Steps:

1. Click "File Manager" to bring up the "Attachment" window.
2. Click "Browse" to bring up the file browser window; this will allow you to browse your computer for any files or images you wish to upload; please note that you're bound by whatever the "allowed file type" setting is for the board.
3. Click "open" on the file you wish to upload.
4. Enter a description of what the file is (if you want to).
5. Click "add file" to add another file, or "done" to close the window and complete your posting.

Please note that you must enter some text in both the "subject" and "post" fields when responding otherwise you will receive an error; you cannot just respond with an attachment ;).

Please reduce the image size on pictures to something less than 500 pixels in the longest dimension before adding them. Depending on the file size, the pictures will either appear as a LINK under the word "Attachment" for larger size files or the pictures themselves will appear under the word "Attachment".

Please try out the new system in the TEST PAD FORUM

If you don't have a photo editing program, consider Irfanview or Picasa by Google. Both are free.

After trying this system, if you have a problem, please post your problem in this thread; one of the more experienced users will help you out.

Re: Posting Photos under the new system... [Re: Webmaster] #199646 12/19/10 10:46 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
John - I'm the worst there is for posting a photo and have absolutly very mimimal computer skills until I repeat procedures many time. To begin with I have read these instructions over and over and for the life of me I can't find a "File Manager Link" anywhere and that is probably because I don't see a "Full Reply" or "New Post" page. I see a "Quick Reply" and a "New Topic" but NO File Manager Link.

I'm sure that there are other members besides me that are having this problem, and I also had this problem on the old Forums, until you posted your daily lessons for posting. Your 1st lesson walked us through "Preparing a Photo to Upload to the Collectors Forums". Your 2nd lesson was "Uploading a Photo" and your 3rd and final lesson was "Displaying a Photo".

Would you please take the time to write step by step instructions (using the actual button or tab names as they appear on our screens) for posting pictures. I used your old instructions each time I posted an image and found them invaluable. It's also possible that your 1st step for resizing remains the same, but, for the newer people like me that are lacking in computer skills you might want to consider reposting this information.

I know that Dave got tired of posting my images before you posted the step by steps instuctions so to give him some relief "PLEASE" give us your step by step instructions.

Rich
Re: Posting Photos under the new system... [Re: Webmaster] #199647 12/19/10 10:52 AM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Rich the 1st thing you have to do is click on the Switch to Full Reply screen at the bottom of the text box.. Once you do that right under the text box is using UBBCode box and right under that is File Manager link, click on that and a new working area opens up then you can start the process of adding an image..

Paul

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Posting Photos under the new system... [Re: Webmaster] #199648 12/19/10 11:20 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Paul - I see it now that you pointed out where it's at. I assume that "Preparing an Image" is the same as the old Forums so I will try a test this afternoon. Any other questions and I'll ask.

Rich
Re: Posting Photos under the new system... [Re: Webmaster] #199651 12/19/10 11:48 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Thanks Paul. I successfuly added a picture under the Test Forum. It's actually easier then the old Forums.

Last edited by flacoastie; 12/19/10 11:50 AM.

Rich
Re: Posting Photos under the new system... [Re: WackoPaul] #199652 12/19/10 12:32 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I can remove that "Quick Reply" box so that each user would click on "Reply" and see the Full Reply screen -- which provides the File Management and the Smilies features.

What say you all?

Re: Posting Photos under the new system... [Re: Webmaster] #199655 12/19/10 01:26 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I have no problem either way. It would make it easier to get everything at once rather then have to decide which way to go.

Last edited by flacoastie; 12/19/10 01:30 PM.

Rich
Re: Posting Photos under the new system... [Re: Webmaster] #199686 12/19/10 08:19 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
I say do it, John!!

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Posting Photos under the new system... [Re: Webmaster] #199690 12/19/10 08:42 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Since getting rid of the Quick Reply window is now step #1 in the PDF I posted a while ago, I'll leave it there for a few weeks and then redo the PowerPoint and drop it.

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 900 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users