Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Harry's Latest on Barbers Point and Isle Royale #210933 03/29/18 07:15 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I recently received this email from Harry Hine regarding his planned latest editions (Barbers Point, HI and Isle Royale, MI) concerning his problems he has been having with his production factories. He hopes to have everything sorted out in the next couple of weeks and when he does I will forward the updated information to you. But, for now, let me include his latest email to you:

I know it's been a long time since I was last in contact with you, and many of you are wondering when the next piece in the collection will be released.

Originally the production of this new collection was being done by the same fine craftsmen and women who for many years produced the Harbor Lights collection. As you can imagine, I was delighted to continue our long and enjoyable working relationship. Sadly though the factory made some major changes to their business. First, they relocated the factory. Then changed their business model from comparatively low production numbers, but very high quality, to very high volume, low cost and consequently diminished quality. Unfortunately, this left me out in the cold with no one to produce my pieces.

I've spent a considerable amount of time searching for a new factory that has the desire to produce low edition number sculptures to the quality we all expect. Almost all factories insist on minimum orders of 2000 pieces or higher. So far, I've been unable to find anyone willing to take on this project. There are however several promising leads that I'm pursuing and hope to have some good news soon. I desperately want to get this collection of lighthouse sculptures rebooted, but will not sacrifice the quality of the sculpting, casting or painting to do so.

I greatly appreciate your support, encouragement, and mostly your patience. It means a great deal to me.

Now for some good news. I am still producing the Toledo Harbor Lens in my own studio and will soon have some help to speed things up a bit. If you are interested in finding out more about the lens, please head over to my website: www.harryhine.com

Again, thank you for all of your support.

Best regards,

Harry

You may also see the latest lighthouses in the Harry Hine collection by visiting https://www.harryhine.com/ to either view or place your order for any of Harry’s editions that are not already sold out. If a piece from Harry’s collection is no longer available thru Harry, I would suggest that you contact Roland Babineau at http://thecapecodstore.com to see if he has any retired pieces remaining. Harry is currently planning 2 new releases in early spring 2018. The 2 new releases are Barbers Point, HI (shown in a WWII configuration) and Isle Royale, MI (no configuration picture available as of yet) in Harry’s Volume 2L. It is a little early to order either of them but I will send out an email when it is time to order or you can check for the ordering information on Harry's website when the time comes to place you order.

Rich
Re: Harry's Latest on Barbers Point and Isle Royale [Re: flacoastie] #210980 05/10/18 01:58 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
This is the latest update to Harry's 2 newest (not yet being produced) lighthouses Barbers Point, HI and Isle Royale, MI. Harry is still trying to negotiate with factories to produce these lighthouses in the small quantities he has buyers for with no luck.

I guess you might say that it is now going to be late summer or early fall before they MIGHT be available. More to follow.

Rich
Re: Harry's Latest on Barbers Point and Isle Royale [Re: flacoastie] #210993 05/27/18 03:30 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
In talking to Harry yesterday (26th) he had some encouraging news to report. He is about 90% sure of contracting with a company in Arizona to produce unpainted pieces of his lighthouses. The next problem is finding a company that can paint the lighthouses since the company in Arizona only produces unpainted pieces that they sell to customers to assemble and paint.

Harry is working on finding a company that can paint the White Ware pieces. He said he will put out an email to his customers (hopefully within a month or 2) to let his customers know when to expect his upcoming lighthouses.

Rich
Re: Harry's Latest on Barbers Point and Isle Royale [Re: flacoastie] #210995 05/27/18 04:04 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Perhaps he should look across the dinner table for a skilled artist . . .

Re: Harry's Latest on Barbers Point and Isle Royale [Re: flacoastie] #210996 05/28/18 03:35 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I suggested that to him and didn't hear what he said.

Rich
Re: Harry's Latest on Barbers Point and Isle Royale [Re: flacoastie] #210999 05/28/18 02:09 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Dave
I have been thinking that same thing for a while.

DANIEL

Moderated by  flacoastie 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 946 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users