Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Halfway Rock #196991 01/16/09 12:44 PM
R
rocketman Offline OP
OP Offline
R
ok, What can you tell me about this piece?
I'm nagotiating for this one now, and have some questions?

What is a Custom Light House" (CLH-101)How is it different from LE, or an exclussive?

Do any of you have this one? What's the story about this piece?

rocketman
Re: Halfway Rock #196992 01/16/09 10:16 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I moved this from the Trading Posat to here because you are asking a general question about this piece and not selling or asking to buy. The Tading post is for selling, trading or buying HLs related products only.

Rich
Re: Halfway Rock #196993 01/17/09 12:41 AM
Dave H Online
Saint
Saint
The Custom LightHouse was made for Lighthouse Depot. They had HL produce a piece for them on several occassions. The first ones were considered Historic Buildings (if memory serves me correctly) because they were kind of lighthouses but not really - there was the Fort Washington Bell Tower, then the Portland Observatory and then Mount Greylock. This one was actually a lighthouse so it became a CLH. Lighthouse Depot bought the entire run of pieces and was the exclusive dealer for all these pieces.

Re: Halfway Rock #196994 01/17/09 12:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rocketman, Harbour Lights made CLH (Custom Lighthouse) for specific dealers. Off the top of my head there was First Landing at Cape Henry , VA(still available from Sand Dollar in Virginia Beach) and Halfway Rocks, ME (CLH 10) for Lighthouse Depot in Maine. CLH 10 was renumbered HB 905 (Historic Building).

Re: Halfway Rock #196995 01/17/09 11:57 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Back in around 2001 Lighthouse depot came up with an agreement with HL to do a special limited editions that only could be purchased from LHD. So Not to upset all the other customers, HL aloud some buildings that either look like lighthouses or was a part of a lighthouse or acted like a lighthouse to be made exclusively for LHD and called them Historical buildings ”HB”. This way since they didn’t officially have a HL number on them and they were not officially a lighthouse, all the other dealers didn’t have a legitimate reason to complain. HB productions were also available for others if they wanted to flip the bill. There was talk about Kim checking with different historical buildings and seeing if they would want to hire Harbour Lights to make a limited figurine for them. 1200 was the min that was required at the time and with that price tag Kim didn’t get any other takers except for the Cape Henry Cross and its number was CSTM101

When HB first came out with the Fort Washington Bell Tower it was limited to 1200 but later figurines had lower production of 900 and down to 600 for the halfway rock.( Halfway Rock was originally to come out with 1200 but was change to 600 afterward) The Halfway Rock did not get changed in time so it did come out with the /1200 on the tag.

Since the Historical Buildings went well, in 2005, Harbour Lights and LHD decided to try this with a limited Lighthouse. The idea behind this was the same as for the Historical Buildings but for lighthouses. Harbour lights then started their Custom design lighthouses and the first one was the CLH 101. After the light came out the idea was dropped and the number that LHD was using was then changed to HL-905 not HB-905. Collectors at the time it came out was calling it HL-905 and I even called up LHD and asked them the official number and she look in their listings and it was HL-905. Everyone at the time accepted it as a HL-905 not HB-905 and since the CLH 101 is on the Lighthouse there probably isn’t any record of what it was called except for old forum talk and me.

Later down the road Dave H did talk to Tony over the official number for the CLH 101 and it is officially called HB-905 being the missing link to the Historical Building numbers.

The low production amount and the size of the Halfway Rock was used as a rule model for the Collectors first Exclusive, the “Lake Erie Land Light”

I am one of the lucky ones to own a half way rock with the very last number of 600

DANIEL
Re: Halfway Rock #196996 01/18/09 06:17 PM
Cyndi Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I have a Halfway Rock #266.

Cyndi

Moderated by  flacoastie 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Rock, Dave H), 1,337 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users