cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OBC attorney wants lighthouse lawsuit moved to federal court #35857 07/15/05 09:31 AM
Chesapeake Bryan Offline OP
OP Offline
OBC attorney wants lighthouse lawsuit moved to federal court

As always, the Daily Advance favors the county, so take this article for what it is worth.

Re: OBC attorney wants lighthouse lawsuit moved to federal court #35858 07/19/05 02:41 PM
Lighthouse Joe Offline
Quote:
The OBC lawsuit is actually the second time Mitchell has opposed Currituck officials in court. Gov. Mike Easley retained Mitchell to defend him against the county's lawsuit earlier this year over control of the Currituck airport.

Mitchell won that case in court, but the Legislature eventually passed a bill – signed by Easley – that gave Currituck full ownership of the airport property for $40,001.
An airport for $40.001? A bit cheap, don't you think? That sounds like an eminent domain scam to me. Now I see why they want it moved to Federal court. Unless I'm not reading this correctly...

Lighthouse Joe

Re: OBC attorney wants lighthouse lawsuit moved to federal court #35859 07/19/05 02:54 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
This is ridiculous. This has dragged on for waaay too long. So here's my question.

Obviously, CC isn't going to budge. So why doesn't OBC take the action? Just build the carpark. Frankly, they need it anyway. When we've visited, we've had to park far away almost in a ditch to be able to stop. County ordinance or not, they need a parking lot.

A few months ago, I mentioned a concept I had for an "environmentally friendly" lot that wouldn't drastically impact the environment. We discovered that OBC owns the adjoining land.

They could build a carpark floored with mulch, with the minimal amount of trees cut down to fit parking spots in little nooks and crannies. There would be a canopy of trees. Shrubbery would prevent views of the lot from the road.

The bathrooms can, I think, be argued for - OBC paid for them partially, anyway. If not, they could build a building off the carpark that resembled the victorian architecture of the station's outbuildings.

I think that it is time for OBC to take action. They're only hurting themselves. They can take action, stop this madness. Don't think that I'm on the side of the county - I think they're just as stupid and ridiculous as every other member of this forum. But I think that, to prevent irreparable damage (i.e. losing a court battle and having to hand over the lighthouse as part of the settlement - very possible), I think that this should just be settled out of court and finished off.

(End rant.)

Re: OBC attorney wants lighthouse lawsuit moved to federal court #35860 07/19/05 04:05 PM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Greg,

Quote:
Don't think that I'm on the side of the county - I think they're just as stupid and ridiculous as every other member of this forum.
I don't think you made many frends with this comment.

bobo

Re: OBC attorney wants lighthouse lawsuit moved to federal court #35861 07/19/05 04:49 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Oooh, that could get read wrong. shocked

If anyone was offended, I'm very sorry. Hopefully, you understand what I meant by that.

shocked shocked shocked

Re: OBC attorney wants lighthouse lawsuit moved to federal court #35862 07/19/05 06:55 PM
PFC Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Quote:
Don't think that I'm on the side of the county - I think they're just as stupid and ridiculous as every other member of this forum.
Greg, I believe what you meant to say was "I think they're stupid and ridiculous as every other member of this forum does !"

Help Save Our Lighthouses!

Become a part of the
American Lighthouse Foundation
P.O. Box 565
Rockland, Maine 04841

207 594-4174

www.lighthousefoundation.org

Moderated by  PFC 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,415 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users