Print Thread
Construction Zone - coastalbeacons.com #184987 06/19/02 09:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK lighthouse wackos. I've been moderating this forum for a few months and have certainly enjoyed doing so. I've also been fortunate enough over the last 7 or 8 years to have gotten what I consider to be a pretty decent collection of lighthouse photos from around the country in some pretty remarkable light and conditions. That said, it seemed an appropriate time to start pulling some of my photography together on a website.

While it's still under construction and will undoubtedly change as my thinking regarding it changes (it's already changed a number of times for that matter!), the site is up and running and can be accessed at the following URL:

http://www.coastalbeacons.com

Any of the photos on the site with a text label is actually a button - click the photo and it will take you a level deeper. In some of the photo galleries that are more complete, eventually you'll click a photo and get an enlarged version of the image with some text or description of it.

I hope everyone enjoys coastalbeacons and would love to hear from you on thoughts that would make the site better, easier to navigate, etc. As I said, it's a work in progress that WILL be changing regularly over the next couple of months... to include, I'm sure, some photos from the wacko road trip to Door County next week.

Gary

[This message has been edited by lighthouse_photo (edited 06-19-2002).]

Re: Construction Zone - coastalbeacons.com #184988 06/19/02 11:03 PM
MtnHkr Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Gary,

Your site and your pictures are absolutely the GREATEST! I haven't seen them all yet, but I have bookmarked your site. Keep the pictures coming!

Thanks,

Bert

Bert

No mountain is too tall if your first step is belief. -Anonymous
Re: Construction Zone - coastalbeacons.com #184989 06/20/02 12:46 AM
B
Bud Schrader Offline
Wacko
Wacko
B
Gary looks like a lot of work! A very nice endeavor, we will enjoy seeing your work in one location. Thanks!
Bud

Bud
Re: Construction Zone - coastalbeacons.com #184990 06/20/02 01:04 AM
N
Nana Offline
N
Thanks for sharing your great photos with the world Gary!
Derith

Re: Construction Zone - coastalbeacons.com #184991 06/20/02 09:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Derith, Bert, and Bud, thanks for your kind words and encouragement. I've got photos plastered all over the various threads on this forum, for that and a lot of other reasons, I wanted to assemble what I've been doing on a website that gave more folks a chance to enjoy my passion for photographing lighthouses.

Thanks,
Gary

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave H), 1,324 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users