Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lifesaving station #23342 06/16/02 03:00 PM
T
tlovegrove Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I was eagerly anticipating a lifesaving station in the list of mid-year new additions for HL. But its not there! I had posted earlier about this and some people said it was coming mid-year. Still wishing...

Re: Lifesaving station #23343 06/16/02 03:15 PM
Randy Kremer Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Haven't seen anything that shows it will be out this year yet. This will be a good question to ask Bill at Rosemont, but will we get a straight answer from him?!?!

Re: Lifesaving station #23344 06/16/02 07:29 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I myself certainly hope that there will not be one this year. I'm getting ready to take a second morgage out on the house to pay for all the new realease this year. This has got to be the most lights they have ever put out in a year, or at least it seems so. Any of you bean counters out there got the figures for this year versus other years?

Rich

Rich
Re: Lifesaving station #23345 06/17/02 12:21 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Rich, check the catalogue page to compare:
http://www.harbourlights.com/catalog/index.htm

Re: Lifesaving station #23346 06/17/02 08:56 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Does anyone know how the sales of the Point Allerton LSS were? If it sold like "hot cakes" then we would already have a new LSS available for sale. Look how the fresnel lenses keep coming. They do sell like "hot cakes".

My guess is Point Allerton was a slow seller, probably more of a regional seller. It's very well done and I bought it, but it's not a lighthouse. I think the majority of HL collectors are lighthouse collectors and may have passed on Point Allerton.

Collecting every limited edition as it comes out is expensive. There is a limit to collector's expendable cash.

Bob

Re: Lifesaving station #23347 06/17/02 02:32 PM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
The Edition Size of Pt. Allerton was to be 5000. As it's not retired yet I guess we won't know the final number for a while. If HL is planning to release another one there must have been sufficient interest. There are some people who feel that the history of the LSS deserves more attention, that too much attention has been focused on lighthouses and not enough on the LSS and its remaining station. I know as I've met such a person!

I know I was petitioning for HL to make a LSS way back, having had Pt. Allerton in mind. Then when they made it I couldn't believe it. Then when I saw it somehow it didn't appeal to me. Something to do with the "moving parts"? Well I'm not really sure. Maybe if I had thought to go see the real thing when I was in the area back in Spring of '99 I would have bought it? Not to say I'd never consider it or another LSS. Just waiting for one to jump out at me, like the other HL pieces that I buy.

Re: Lifesaving station #23348 06/23/02 11:15 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Wishing for the following LSS:

Indian River, DE
Chicomicomico, NC

Christopher

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: Lifesaving station #23349 06/27/02 07:50 PM
V
VSmoltz Offline
V
I was hoping for the Pea Island NC Station, myself. With the added sell of the first all African-American Keeper and crew of course. I thought it would have made a wonderful tie in with the book Fire on the Beach that came out last year and it could have been timed for a Feb. release and Black history month. Sigh..Maybe when the book is released in paperback!

------------------
Valeri

[This message has been edited by VSmoltz (edited 06-27-2002).]

Valeri
Re: Lifesaving station #23350 06/27/02 08:37 PM
O
oseabee Offline
Administrator
Administrator
O
How about Old Harbor LSS saved frm the tides by cutting it in two and putting it on barges and taking it to Provincetown Ma..It is now a museum I have some pictures of it being redone one is in the gallery only they didn't put the full name on it.Bill O'Brien

oseabee
Bill O'Brien
Re: Lifesaving station #23351 06/30/02 02:59 PM
Brent Offline
I'd love to see Chicamacomico and Virginia Beach LSS's reproduced by Harbour Lights. Both have a wonderful history and the architecture of the existing buildings lends itself to great reproduction.

Brent
OBLHS Charter Member
Re: Lifesaving station #23352 06/30/02 10:00 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Harbour Lights did announce that there will be a Life Saving Station produced next year... they didn't say which one it will be but there will be one coming out next year for sure..

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Lifesaving station #23353 07/09/02 08:20 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Over the July 4th weekend, I spent some time at the Indian River LSS in Delaware before the big move to Maine and I asked them when the HL version of the LSS was coming out.

Hearing that HL has created the second of the LSS line but did not release it this year as expected, I took it upon myself that the second LSS was indeed the Indian River LSS.

Folks at the Life Saving Station has kindly confirmed that there is indeed a HL replica of Indian River and that indeed it was scheduled for 2002, however it was never released due to some unknown reasons. They commented that it is a sure bet that it will be introduced in the 2003 line and that it would be nice if they could have it released with a special showing by Bill.

Looking forward to this great LSS ! Bring it on.... I would love to see this line take off and other stations being released.

Christopher

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: Lifesaving station #23354 07/14/02 05:56 PM
W
Weezie Offline
W
Bill, I agree the Lifesaving Station in Provincetown, MA would be a get addtion to the LSS series. I'm not sure about other LSS stations but thousands pass by the LSS in Provincetown during the summer months, since its so close to Race Point Light and beach. Its a beautiful building. We'll be seeing it in a couple of weeks. I'd definatly purchase it to add with my Cape Cod Lighthouses. And I'm still waiting on Stage Harbour in Chatham, MA. Hopefully someday HL will make both.

Quote:
Originally posted by oseabee:
How about Old Harbor LSS saved frm the tides by cutting it in two and putting it on barges and taking it to Provincetown Ma..It is now a museum I have some pictures of it being redone one is in the gallery only they didn't put the full name on it.Bill O'Brien

Weezie
Re: Lifesaving station #23355 07/16/02 04:38 PM
AZlightkeeper Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I just picked up Point Allerton, It's an amesome piece and I'm in favor of producing more in the series!! Old Harbor would be a great piece, hope more are in the works.

Jim

Moderated by  Shortcake 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (DANIEL, Rock), 1,335 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users