cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lighthouse Wallpaper Border #21208 04/02/02 02:24 PM
CarolZ Offline OP
OP Offline
I purchased this pretty wallpaper border at Kohls a few months back and FINALLY had a chance to paint the bathroom and put it up. It's a bright blue color with 5 different lighthouses on it with the names of a few others randomly placed around the pictures. There was a shower curtain, rug, and towels to match. It looks great! Except...they spelled the name of one of the lighthouses wrong. It says Montau. Being from the East coast I noticed it (sad to say, after it was all up). I went back to Kohls and they will give me a full refund if I take the border down and return it. In the meantime I cut out extra K's from "Cape Lookout" and glued them on. It looks fine. But what should I do. I'd hate to take it down and then have nothing. The manufacturer admits that the art department okayed it that way.
Has anybody else seen this wallpaper border?

[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 04-02-2002).]

Re: Lighthouse Wallpaper Border #21209 04/02/02 05:22 PM
T
TERRY BARFIELD Offline
T
Carol, I see a new Forum thread in your future. Lighthouse Wallpaper Border Variations
Works for me.

terry

Re: Lighthouse Wallpaper Border #21210 04/02/02 08:17 PM
MtnHkr Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I'd leave it up! A misspelled (I had to resort to my spell checker for that one)Harbour lights scupture is a very sought after item and from what I can see worth more than the rightly spelled ones. Maybe you've got something valuable. All kidding aside if you like it, leave it up!

Bert

No mountain is too tall if your first step is belief. -Anonymous
Re: Lighthouse Wallpaper Border #21211 04/02/02 11:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree--Leave it up!! Bet no one will ever notice anyway!!!

Harry

Re: Lighthouse Wallpaper Border #21212 04/03/02 12:31 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Just how many of those "K's" did you have to cut out and stick up Carol?

I sure wouldn't want to take it all down and start over again. Big deal they'd give you a refund. You'd get a refund if you had just returned it before spending all that time and energy putting it up. If you're satisfied with it I'd just keep it up.

Maybe you should ask the store for a few towels for not making a fuss!

Re: Lighthouse Wallpaper Border #21213 04/03/02 01:52 AM
RFoster Offline
I think it's O-"K" to leave it up.

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Re: Lighthouse Wallpaper Border #21214 04/03/02 11:10 AM
CarolZ Offline OP
OP Offline
I cut out 9 "k"s to fix the parts that you can see. I ran out, so the closet will forever say Montau.
I decided to leave it up. I like it!!

Re: Lighthouse Wallpaper Border #21215 04/03/02 12:08 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Isn't wallpapering fun! There is no better way to spend a day or two steaming, scraping, filling in little holes with Spackle, sizing the walls, etc.

Now after you have this all done, they want you to remove the defective paper and bring it back to them and they will replace it? Such a deal!

I wouldn't cut out any "k's" and glue them on because sooner or later the edges will start to collect airborn pollutants and the steam from the shower will lift it enough to be obvious.

I would tell them if they want the defective stuff back, then they can come over to your place and remove it. Take a few pictures of the border and give it to them instead. At a minimum, I would expect a full refund and a free replacement border.

There are a lot of nice wallpaper borders available with lighthouses on them. Don't let this store give you the "bum's rush". Time is money and you should be compensated for your time. If they don't satisfy your request, ask for the name and address of the CEO of Kohls, and write them a nice letter expressing your disappointment with the situation. "The squeaky wheel gets the oil!"

Bob

Re: Lighthouse Wallpaper Border #21216 04/03/02 08:59 PM
Randy Kremer Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I would be another in favor of not taking it down! I know how much trouble it is to put one up! My wife and I hung one in my "Lighthouse Room" before Christmas. Having never done this before it actually got easier after the first roll! I found one at Hobby Lobby that looks great. It has old time looking paintings of three different lights - one has the Three Sisters, one is Gay Head and the third is unknown to me. We looked at many different borders and this is my favorite. At one time this store had a border which showed pictures of a few Harbour Lights' figurines on them. I wondered if they had their approval or not. I haven't seen this border in stock lately!

Re: Lighthouse Wallpaper Border #21217 04/05/02 03:44 PM
CarolZ Offline OP
OP Offline
I called the manufacturer again and they have agreed to refund the price of the wallpaper. I will have to live with the cut-out k's until they decide to make up a new batch with the correct spelling. But at least I'll have some extra money for super glue.

Re: Lighthouse Wallpaper Border #21218 04/05/02 04:06 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
I imagine in the heat of the discovery, you were damn mad about it.

Now, however, it will be a great story to tell your fellow collectors, lighthouse lovers, and other family and friends.

The topper will be how you got your money back!

Enjoy your border and your "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!" stance!

Re: Lighthouse Wallpaper Border #21219 04/05/02 04:40 PM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
Now I guess everyone is waiting for the official ruling from "Montauk" Bob. LOL
I'm glad you didn't get a pen out to correct it? Enjoy it!
As for someone noticing. "If there smart enough to know how to spell it, they should have recognized it from the picture."
I'm surprised you haven't had Rod offer you "big bucks" for your variation?
Enjot your free wallpaper.
- Montau Bob

89 - Mt Sinai HS

LONG ISLAND BOB

Moderated by  JJ 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Dave H, Rock), 1,567 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users