Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Can you believe this? #143348 07/25/05 08:51 PM
Bob Ott Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Can you believe this reponse to my question asking about the flag numbr of the piece?

Quote:
I don't give the flag numbers because I have multiple ones.....

Regards,
Colonial House
In a message dated 7/25/2005 12:48:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, Bahbaht writes:

If you don't care enough to provide important information -- then I don't care to buy from you. EVER.

Bob

Quote:
that's great

Regards,
Colonial House
AND THIS IS THE LAST MESSAGE

Quote:
In a message dated 7/25/2005 1:04:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, YWorrey writes:

see, we are a business where the ware house is in another location with multiple HARBOUR LIGHTS so, if we give the flag # the puller/packer would maYbe MAKE THE MISTAKE AND PULL THE WRONG ONE, we don't want to take the chance....I DON'T NEED YOUR BUSINESS BELEIVE ME

Regards,
Colonial House
THEY DON'T NEED MY BUSINESS AND PROBABLY DON'T NEED YOURS.

Bobo

Re: Can you believe this? #143349 07/25/05 09:19 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
What was their rating? Bad I suspect.

Rich
Re: Can you believe this? #143350 07/25/05 09:32 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
I DON'T NEED YOUR BUSINESS BELEIVE ME
They may not need your business but they could use spell check.... BELIEVE ME!!

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Can you believe this? #143351 07/25/05 09:46 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Are they selling HLs below retail on ebay? Report 'em to Harbour Lights. I understand one big seller of HLs on ebay has been terminated recently.

Re: Can you believe this? #143352 07/25/05 11:22 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Is it illegal or something to sell HLs below retail on eBay? Why would you have to report them to HL?

-Confused in....New Jersey. (How DOES Dear Abby make these things rhyme‽)

Re: Can you believe this? #143353 07/26/05 12:02 AM
Dave H Online
Saint
Saint
Dealers sign an agreement to sell the product at MSRP. Selling for less on ebay violates the terms of the agreement. Plus it hurts those dealers who play by the rules.

Sounds like Bob found a pretty lousy dealer all the way around.

Re: Can you believe this? #143354 07/26/05 01:12 AM
sandy Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Must be missing something here?? How does everyone know that this eBayer is a Harbour Lights dealer? I've interpreted his/her responses to be those of a broker selling Harbour Lights pieces purchased from someone else or brokering the sale for someone else.

Re: Can you believe this? #143355 07/26/05 02:27 AM
B
beaconbyers Offline
B
I've purchased at least a half dozen from this dealer. Never had a problem. Packing was excellent and shipping was always prompt. Maybe he had a bad day.

KonaSatch
Re: Can you believe this? #143356 07/26/05 08:19 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
So much for customer service! I think they could have been a little nicer in their replies to you, Bob.

I can see why they don't quote flag#'s. Sometimes potential buyers circumvent eBay's rules and make side offers. One auction could sometimes lead to multiple sales.

I would definitely prefer to know the flag# of a piece before I bid on it. Pardon the expression, but some pieces can be a dime a dozen and not interest me. Then a low flag# or an unusual flag# comes up and interest changes.

Like you, Bob, I would not do business with anyone who was rude to me and failed to adequately answer my inquiries.

:rolleyes: Bob :rolleyes:

Re: Can you believe this? #143357 07/26/05 10:47 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
A good tip-off to a retail dealer selling on ebay is that they charge state sales tax in their home state only.

Re: Can you believe this? #143358 07/26/05 09:23 PM
Bigbird Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Like Kona, I've dealt with them, several times, too; no problem thus far, but if you look under the find a dealer part of HL web site, they are under there as a HL dealer.

I purchased Cape Charles from them and saved some money, but not a boat load; think I paid $72 something with shipping, but when I asked about low flag numbers, they told me that they couldn't tell me anything due to multiple pieces...but I could request a low one should I win the auction. No sarcasm, but about the same info as Bob.

Steve

Health through education, for a much misguided nation!!
Re: Can you believe this? #143359 07/26/05 11:07 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Another reason they don't want to reveal the edition numbers they have is that HL can track the pieces to them before they complete the sale.

If you buy it, you're not likely to complain to HL if you got a lower-than-retail price.

Re: Can you believe this? #143360 08/19/05 12:31 PM
Bigbird Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Okay, I wanna renig on my last input on this subject!! I don't get and stay mad easily, but I am a little steamed now and wanna put a bug in the ears of members who have (or may - if he sticks with it) deal(t) with these people on E-Bay. I purchased about 4 or 5 times from this dealer previously, but for some reason, this most recent time (7/19) I purchased the Cape Charles piece and waited patiently for it's delivery. I was about ready to go on my vacation on the 29th, so I contacted him on the fact that I've yet to receive the shipment. Taking about 2 days between replies, I found out that it had been deliverd to my old address that I moved from in March. He then proceeded to tell UPS on their tracer on my claim that he didn't have time to stay on the phone with them everyday to pursue this and if it was delivered then he was fine with that (to paraphrase since I'm not privy to the info as UPS will only report to their hiring agent, which was the shipper).

I told him that I had purchased over 35 lights for gifts and personal use and only had one send it to that address because they went by my confirmed address at PayPal instead of the address on the invoice from E-Bay; and he corrected upon my explanation w/o any questions. I then corrected it with PayPal. He has most recently tried to blame the whole thing on me as saying that I admitted having the wrong address registered with PayPal!! mad

Long story short, he now has said he is getting out of the e-Bay business due to the time, and problems with all of the whining of the e-bayers and since it's only a small part of his business since he specializes in antiques.

He sounds like a crochety old man that has since (or just before) Bob's post, forgotten what customer service means.

I told him that though he wanted to have a flagrant attitude, I (being the person that I am) hoped that UPS (who ultimately was to blame for leaving the package under the steps at my old apt.) would reimburse him so NO ONE would be shafted. He then replied back that it wasn't his fault, he's been away from work for a week due to being sick and didn't have time to read my "hour long e-mails" (which probably weren't near as long as this one - and obviously he wasn't reading due to still saying that my address was still wrong) and it was my fault, not his, due to me having the wrong address on the PayPal site (which I've already - and wrote back to - told him I corrected that long before we dealt this time). He told me to stop contacting him and he would (in caps) refund my money Monday if he felt well enough to return to work.

I replied and said FINE, just get me my money and I'll leave you far alone, but reitterated that my address is not listed anywhere as my old address and if he does take it back up with UPS, that I still hope he got reimbursed.

BOY, I'm over this and have since gone and bought it from my dealer at full price. I guess, just like some marriages, things seem rosey until you catch them on a bad day, then ...DO YOU REALLY KNOW THEM?!? confused eek :rolleyes:

BTW, I contacted my credit card company and put a challenge on this purchase from YWORREY after he refused to give me my money and stated that UPS had closed the tracer and said they didn't need anything else from him; which sounded like I was out of 70-some dollars.

Steve

Re: Can you believe this? #143361 08/20/05 10:57 PM
Bigbird Offline
Wacko
Wacko
I hope some of you that use, or consider using E-Bay will learn from this and take heed. I have had a few questionables, but usually with resolution, and though this may still work out, word to your mother, er, I mean to the wise!! wink laugh

Steve

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (DANIEL, Rock, Dave H), 1,579 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users