Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Barking Rocks on eBay #145589 05/25/07 08:28 PM
CAVR Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Without beating a dead horse, cause I think we all beat it pretty well, but, is the prediction of Barking Rocks coming true by the recent "flooding" of barking Rocks on ebay?

AYE? It seems to me that Dealers are dumping them. (of course, that's my observation and opinion).

Now I've talked to 2 dealers about this particular piece in the past month of two since its announcement. One dealer stated she was ordering 10 of these beauties with not a single one being requested by a collector. I wish her well in selling all 10 of these gems. The other dealer, (which I have close ties to) indicated to me that she received a few of them and is sending them back to Harbour Lights cause hardly nobody wanted them.

SO... is it too early to tell? Or is eBay giving us an inclination of the "great demand" of these pieces? How many "Barfing Rocks" are on eBay currently (Friday Evening, May 25th)? I would say quite a few..... tired

Any other observations and opinions.

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: Barking Rocks on eBay #145590 05/25/07 09:29 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I'm personally against this type of limited edition boasting a HL number and would have preferred that they carried another type of number. I also will not buy another lighthouse of this type should a second be produced. That being said I feel that this piece will be a sleeper until the edition size is either sold out or retired for slow sales, then watch out! Because of the small edition size, and with them no longer being available, they will go up in price on the secondary market and command a premium. Those of you that decided against buying this piece, for whatever reasons, may live to regret your decision. In person, the piece is one of the most dynamic that HLs has produced. Get by the size and the fact that it is a faux lighthouse and you have one of the most detailed and interesting pieces I have ever seen. My prediction: Buy it now or pay a premium and buy it later.

Rich
Re: Barking Rocks on eBay #145591 05/26/07 01:10 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
There are 6 Barking Rocks on ebay.
When the Grand Isle East Channel Michigan came out I remember that many on ebay also. At this time I do not see any concern about the barking rock being dumped. After a couple of weeks or even a month they should drop down to around three like how the St AUG Lens, mobile point and the Grand Isle East Channel Michigan are doing on ebay now. If we start seeing around 8 to 10 barking rocks on ebay or that after a month they are still up to six on ebay, then I would agree with you that dealers are dumping.

DANIEL

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 872 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users