DANIEL Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Top Ten On Ebay Minus 4
The rest to follow.

1. HL111 COQUILLE RIVER OR. FLAG #271 $1000

Quote:
This unit has been in a smoke free environment and is in EXCELLENT condition. It has the 3 panel door, the top (light area) is dark green, it has green felt on the bottom that is about 1/8 inch short of the edge all around the bottom and comes with C.O.A. and registration card. I do not have the original box.
At this time we have had a saturation of Coquilles. When that happens it is not unusual for prices to drop. This is a California mold with the green mullion around the light. As color versions go, the green colored mullion is the rarest. The fact there is no box I would say that it is at the lower side of the going price. I feel that it being the green window frame version kept it higher than the average.

Value with no-box $850 to $1250

http://cgi.ebay.com/HARBOUR-LIGHTS-HL111...1QQcmdZViewItem

2. Split Rock MI $590

Quote:
It is an unusual figure with a roof that is a different color than most of the others of this figurine. It is signed on the bottom in felt tip pen "B. Younger". The hand written number on the rocks is 74. It also reads of 5500 (74/5500). The state abbreviation is MI. So this must be part of the error in that the state name on box is Minnesota. It comes in its original box with certificate of authenticity. It is in excellent condition
This is the rare miss-spelled version with the even rarer spotted roof variation.
The production of the MI was around 200 and the spotted roof was somewhere around 100. That makes two versions of the miss-spelled type. More than 200 MI was made but they were caught and the state initials were changed. That created another version. The fixed up MI version. It is neither a MI or a MN it is a MI\

This is a steal. Even with the lower values of HL I would still place this one at $800 to $1200.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Harbour-Lights-Split...1QQcmdZViewItem

3. Burrows Island Lighthouse $256.51

Quote:
The lighthouse that is featured in this auction is known as the Burrows Island Oregon Lighthouse.
This is number 460 in this collection.
This item is in excellent condition with no chips or scratches and the Lightning Rod is still in tact.
Missing sticker on the bottom and no COA
This is the OR flag variation with around 500 produced. Extremely rare and hard to find. I still don’t have one. This is the lowest price on ebay since it started. The first time the Burrows OR was posted on ebay about 5 years ago the bid went up to $600 but the reserve was set at $800. Just in the past two years we started to see them on ebay. $455, $387, $325 and now $256.51 This is an other example of a rare collectable that isn’t selling for its deserved price simply because there are not that many collectors of variations that are willing to pay for it.
I feel that it is well worth $800 but as ebay prices are going it looks like you can get one for a lot less. I feel this one went low and the ebay value should be more like around $350
Even though there are 500 of them they are well absorbed into the population and you just don’t see them that much on ebay. Since ebay started I have seen five separate ones and two in package deals.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Harbour-Lights-Burro...1QQcmdZViewItem

4. Sandy Hook, New Jersey #104 $217.50

Quote:
Harbour Lights Sandy Hook, NJ 1991 limited edition lighthouse, number 3007/5500. This piece is in mint condition with hand painted tag and comes in its original box (some wear), along with its original certificate of authenticity
A Malaysian with a Rod. Rods are very common with the Sandy Hook they can be found as high as3700. Sandy Hooks generally go for around $150 to $180 both Malaysian and Canadian.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Harbour-Lights-SANDY...1QQcmdZViewItem

5. Ocracoke NC HL135 $204

Quote:
This is from air-conditioned and non-smoking home. Made in Malaysia and comes with white castle studios box.
This about the going price, probably on the low side. But considering how collectables have been doing lately, I think this is pretty good. The white box is not original for a Malaysian.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Harbour-Lights-Ocrac...1QQcmdZViewItem

6. Yaquina Head * 1991 * HL110 $160.25

Quote:
Piece # 84 / 5500 1991
This piece is in great condition! No chips or nicks. It is from the original 17 produced in 1991. Comes with the original box and COA.
A double digit with castle studios brown box. Wow!!! What a find. This is a California mold with the Canadian box and felt. Basically it was made in California and then shipped to Canada to be finished. Then flocking was added and packed in a Castle Studios box.

I feel this is low for such a rare find. But not expected. I feel that it is worth at least $200
But I guess ebay dictates value anymore.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Harbour-Lights-Yaqui...1QQcmdZViewItem

DANIEL
Re: Top Ten On Ebay Minus 4 #144725 03/18/06 12:14 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
There certainly have been some very rare and interesting pieces at eBay lately. It almost sounds like some old-time collectors are burnt out or have left there collections to their heirs.

Dan, it's always a pleasure to read your informative reports of eBay happenings.

smile Bob smile

Re: Top Ten On Ebay Minus 4 #144726 03/18/06 03:44 PM
beachcomber Offline
Some rare beauties - makes me wish I had some of them. Thanks for all the great insight into the history and value of these wonderful pieces, Daniel!

beachcomber

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Dave H, Rock), 1,544 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users