Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
North Light - Block Island, RI #104048 05/13/05 08:43 PM
MtnHkr Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Met some very nice people on Nantucket who corrected me on the name of this light. It is not "NORTH BLOCK ISLAND" as we normally say, but "NORTH LIGHT - BLOCK ISLAND, RI." And they should know as they live there for a good part of the year. And the one at the other end of the Island is "SOUTHEAST LIGHT - BLOCK ISLAND, RI"

Now that I've got that straightened out! I received my North Light - Block Island, RI last week and think it is very tastefully done. Grat detail and that pickup parked next to the light is a very nice touch. I think this was a first for HL, having a vehicle on the piece. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I'd like to invite anyone else who received theirs to let us know what they think of it.

Bert smile

Bert

No mountain is too tall if your first step is belief. -Anonymous
Re: North Light - Block Island, RI #104049 05/13/05 09:03 PM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Bert,

I love it. But then again, I love most lights that HL produces. I do thank you for the correct name for the Block Island lighthouses. But don't you mean Southeast and not Southwest? Or am I totally in left field?

I don't remember any other vehicles, except for the wagons. Do you mean motorized? wink

bobo

Re: North Light - Block Island, RI #104050 05/13/05 09:29 PM
MtnHkr Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
I guess I meant motorized. And yes I meant southeast and not southwest. Correction made. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Fingers are moving too fast for the brain.

Bert smile

Bert

No mountain is too tall if your first step is belief. -Anonymous
Re: North Light - Block Island, RI #104051 05/13/05 09:41 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I got mine about 2 weeks ago and really like it. I think the lights put out during the first half of this year are the best overall group HL has done and that even includes the big year when most of them were Southern lights. The lights up North and in the Great Lakes have a definate better look then the Souther ones. I can't believe I just said that. It must be old age or the Yankee coming out in me.

Rich
Re: North Light - Block Island, RI #104052 05/13/05 10:13 PM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Your comment Bert ....

Quote:
Fingers are moving too fast for the brain.
.... could easily apply to me. The older I get the slower my brain seems to work. And unfortunately, my fingers never seems to pay any attention to my brain relative to what I'm trying to type.

It would turn out something like this:

"whajet athe heloo am i foinh to admet ro thes."

See what I mean? If it weren't for spellcheck, I'm be totally lost.

bobo

Re: North Light - Block Island, RI #104053 05/13/05 10:23 PM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Be careful, Rich.

Pretty soon you might be saying "Yuz guys" instead of "y'all". Wouldn't that be a hoot? laugh

bobo

Re: North Light - Block Island, RI #104054 05/14/05 07:40 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
I received my North Light a week or so ago but haven't opened the box yet. My kitchen/dining area remodeling is a dusty mess so I didn't want to expose any of my HL's to that atmosphere.

I always knew the proper names for the lights of Block Island, Southeast Light and the North Light. I think people add Block Island as a way to describe where they are located. It avoids questions like, Southeast Light where, and North Light where?

It's funny we should be talking about Block Island. I received a letter from the Town of New Shoreham in yesterday's mail. I've been on a waiting list for a private mooring in New Harbor for about twelve years or so. I figured I would have to wait about twenty years to get the mooring. Well now they have decided to charge $50 to be on the waiting list for what may never come. Such a deal!

I will get my North Light out of the box soon and let you know exactly how I feel about it.

smile Bob smile

Moderated by  MtnHkr 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,317 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users