cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E-Bay in the Forum??? #78197 02/13/00 03:16 AM
Medicman Offline OP
OP Offline
I check on E-Bay every day... more than once a day sometimes... and I enjoy watching the prices... and wishing I could buy em ALL!!! But my wife won't let me.
I check the Market Place here in the Forum also. Watching to see what's posted and how much it is.
Since this is the spot to sound off...
I've noticed some recent postings in The Market Place that sound like, look like, and smells like E-BAY listings...
The Forum states it's a place to post Buy/Sell/Trade/Wanted messages here.
Yes they have posted a HL piece for sell... but to the highest bidder. That sounds like E-Bay to me...

Re: E-Bay in the Forum??? #78198 02/14/00 03:10 AM
J
JTimothyA Offline
Saint
Saint
J
I'm not sure what an e-Bay listing smells like, but I don't think use of an auction to sell pieces is unique to e-Bay. Auctions have been around for a long time.

'Course it'd be kinda tough to hold an auction in the Marketplace as its limited to a single message per thread. If the seller does it right, they'll probably learn quickly that running an auction via e-mail is a lotta work.

There are several 'professional' secondary market dealers that use the Marketplace. And I believe there are a few regular HL dealers who have employees or others selling pieces at a discount for them through the Marketplace. They gotta love it cause its free.

Paul is the Marketmeister - he usually posts a message outlining the rules for that forum every couple of months or so. You might want to check it out.

Rgds,
__
/im

Re: E-Bay in the Forum??? #78199 02/14/00 03:33 AM
J
JULB Offline
J
All I can say is that in the last week or so, I thought I saw a group of HL's not sell on E-Bay and a remakably similar grouping showed up in the marketplace. It seemed interesting but that is about it. I would imagine that forum members sell on e-bay as well as buy.

JB

Moderated by  Dave H, JTimothyA 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,425 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users