cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sirius/XM Radio gets sneaky in their billing practices... #199919 12/29/10 12:50 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
SNEAKY, SNEAKY, SNEAKY! Are you a Sirius/XM Satellite Radio Subscriber? Did you notice the "Invoicing Fee" charge of two dollars? Yes, they are now charging you two bucks to send you the bill. My bride called them and told them that was a SNEAKY thing to do. She further advised them to drop the "Invoicing Fee" or we would cancel our three cars that we always pay a year in advance. They dropped the fee.

Just think, twenty million subscribers at two bucks each equals forty million bucks in their pockets. Sirius/XM, if you need the money that bad, raise your rates and don't get SNEAKY and try to slip a phony charge by your customers. We understood the "royalty fee" increase last year, but charging us $2 to receive a bill is not good business with your faithful customers.

Bob

Last edited by Bob M; 12/29/10 12:53 PM.
Re: Sirius/XM Radio gets sneaky in their billing practices... [Re: Bob M] #199922 12/29/10 06:21 PM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Bob,
I recently had a number of issues with XM Radio billing, not the least of which was the fact that they had a collection agency calling me for a bill which wasn't even due yet. After going round and round a number of times with them, I cancelled my service.
I did some online checking and, lo and behold!, I found that it wasn't out of the ordinary. I found a very large number of complaints about XM on this website, (I also posted my "tips" about them, too!).
http://gethuman.com/XM_Radio-customer-reviews_912.html

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html
Re: Sirius/XM Radio gets sneaky in their billing practices... [Re: Bob M] #199926 12/29/10 11:01 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Thanks for the heads-up, Bob. We have three XM subscriptions between three cars, so I'll give my dad the heads-up. Is it a monthly or annual fee?

I'm still a huge fan of XM, but it's starting to go a bit downhill. There's still really quality programming on stations like Deep Tracks, which still makes it worth it... but if I hear another "slipped in" promo for that Paul McCartney Apollo Theater concert, I'm punching my radio into the dashboard. I'm a big McCartney fan, but not only do they promote it in the most unlikely places, his private station preempted The Bridge, the folk-rock channel!

Re: Sirius/XM Radio gets sneaky in their billing practices... [Re: Bob M] #199945 12/30/10 05:15 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I'm guessing the "Invoicing Fee" will appear everytime you get a bill from them. I pay once a year in advance. If you pay monthly you may be giving them an extra two bucks every month per car.

:) Bob

Re: Sirius/XM Radio gets sneaky in their billing practices... [Re: Bob M] #199957 12/31/10 03:13 PM
W
wi.bigfoot Offline
W
I haven't seen this and I have Sirius. I haven't even seen a bill. I had to be the one calling them to find out my subscription ran out in 2 days. Do you think they would let me know? Paid via credit card over the phone.

I'm getting tired of their more and more promos. Back in 2004 it was mainly music. Not so much any more. Thought about canceling until I listened to the regular radio for few days and was really tired of the commercials.

Sirius is still the lesser of the two evils but their customer service is terrible.

Re: Sirius/XM Radio gets sneaky in their billing practices... [Re: Bob M] #199987 01/02/11 11:44 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Very easy to hide the "invoicing fee" if you pay over the phone with a credit card. They should just fess up and say their bills are going up by $2 because they need the money rather than sneaking it in.

Re: Sirius/XM Radio gets sneaky in their billing practices... [Re: Bob M] #200170 01/11/11 06:21 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
The bride isn't happy. Sirius/XM just charged out credit card for 12 months service without authorization to do so. If they snuck in the $2 invoice fee, they will be loosing our 3 vehicles. We may be back to CD's and FM soon. Personally, I like satellite radio but it is getting a bit repetitive after a couple of years. There seems to be more talk than music on some stations.

Re: Sirius/XM Radio gets sneaky in their billing practices... [Re: Bob M] #200172 01/11/11 07:35 PM
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Even though I cancelled my service awhile ago, they have yet to shut me off. Not only that but I just got another bill from them in the mail today. These people are UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
Re: Sirius/XM Radio gets sneaky in their billing practices... [Re: Bob M] #200175 01/12/11 07:22 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I think they've gotten too big for their "britches". The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Maybe if a few million subscribers bail out it might get their attention.

Re: Sirius/XM Radio gets sneaky in their billing practices... [Re: Bob M] #200188 01/13/11 10:09 AM
Cana Fan Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Remember the idea behind cable TV? You pay for TV so there would be no commercials? That's the way it was for a while, with the emphasis on was. Now the cost of cable goes up every couple of months and the commercials are just as plentiful as regular TV. It would only stand to reason that "cable radio" would follow suit...

Mike

Re: Sirius/XM Radio gets sneaky in their billing practices... [Re: Bob M] #200210 01/14/11 09:37 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
It seems to be heading in that direction, Mike. Free radio (pardon the pun) is beginning to sound better.

Re: Sirius/XM Radio gets sneaky in their billing practices... [Re: Bob M] #200220 01/14/11 02:51 PM
Middle I-land MI Max Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Sounds like the old formula of suck you in with what you want, and then start to lay on the ads and talk you don't. They do this all the time on free commercial laden TV. So once you watch a program and get involved, you're plastered with ads once you get into it near the middle to the end, even news programs. We often end up watching free Public TV without ad interruptions (except during pledge break season). Free Public Radio is often an alternative we use often too especially on the road. Presently we have no cable or satellite service, just our aerials.

Re: Sirius/XM Radio gets sneaky in their billing practices... [Re: Bob M] #200352 01/20/11 12:26 PM
Cana Fan Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I very rarely listen to radio anymore. I'm more of a CD man. And, quite frankly, sometimes I turn it off and listen to the silence.

MW

Re: Sirius/XM Radio gets sneaky in their billing practices... [Re: Bob M] #200730 02/08/11 09:08 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
We received a special offer after cancelling one out of three Sirius/XM Radio accounts. If we renewed the one we cancelled it would only be $6.27 a month for a year. We don't like the direction they are heading. We probably won't renew the other two when they expire. The thrill of satellite radio has worn off.

Re: Sirius/XM Radio gets sneaky in their billing practices... [Re: Bob M] #200731 02/08/11 10:26 AM
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Still dealing with these (expletive) people! Although I've tried to cancel THREE times the service is still on and I'm receiving bills still from XM Radio AND collection agencies. I've dealt with some bad companies throughout my lifetime but this one tops 'em all! If I ever dealt with my customers even remotely like they do theirs I'd be long gone out of business!

Roland Babineau
Re: Sirius/XM Radio gets sneaky in their billing practices... [Re: Bob M] #200763 02/08/11 11:59 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
You've been pretty patient, Roland. I would file complaints against both the collection bozos and Sirius/XM with both the MA attorney general and the FTC.

Moderated by  Dave H, JTimothyA 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,208 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users