Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
"The Way Home" #65599 08/21/06 03:14 PM
seagirt Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
I'm finally getting around to really getting my photos from this summer organised, creating the pages for my personal website and creating more in-depth galleries on Flickr. To start this off is my photos from the Great Lakes on the way home from Colorado.

We kind of skipped around Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio on the way back, seeing whatever lights we could. We ended up with Grosse Point, Chicago Harbor, Chicago East Guidewall, Michigan City Old, Michigan City Pier, St. Joseph's Pier, Manhatten RR, Manhatten FR, Old Port Clinton, Marblehead, Lorain Breakwater, Fairport W. Breakwater, and Fairport Harbor - 13 in all.

Every one of them was interesting and different. Unfortunately, we were kind of followed by rain, so some of my shots didn't come out great. But the lights, and the experiences, were the best part.

I've created a page of my website for the lights from Michigan City - Fairport. These were the two main lighthousing days, and they worked nicely as a log. This will also give you a preview of how my website will eventually look, when I've finished it (whenever that may be). It's just hosted on Geocities until I can think of a real domain to use - I want something that I can create sections for each of my interests, and my name's taken.

So, without further ado...here's the link!

http://www.geocities.com/seagirtlight/erie_d1.html

Enjoy!

I'll add the rest of the photos to a Flickr gallery when I get a chance, as well as the rest of the CO photos. I've also got to post the Atlanta shots. So many photos, so little time!

Re: "The Way Home" #65600 08/21/06 04:45 PM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
I like the format Greg. You have a younger brother, 'Oh my', poor kid! lol :rolleyes:
Bob

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: "The Way Home" #65601 08/21/06 07:14 PM
5lights Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Great job, Greg! The narration was excellent and the photos were super despite the weather. Enjoyed it and look forward to the rest! smile

Debbie
Re: "The Way Home" #65602 08/22/06 12:30 AM
beachcomber Offline
Greg, as usual, you did a fantastic job! I can't believe you didn't get to go up Old Michigan City. Did you see the beautiful stairwell that the club worked on? It is really a work of art! Brought lovely memories of our last stop after the 2005 Reunion. We had a wonderful picnic on the grounds before we said goodbye to all our friends on the coach trip.

beachcomber
Re: "The Way Home" #65603 08/22/06 12:27 PM
seagirt Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Bob...poor him? Poor ME! If you think I'm...whatever...he's about 10 times moreso. Unless you think I'm nice or good or perfect, in which case it is an inverse relationship. :rolleyes:

Grace - I really wanted to climb it, but we didn't even get to see the staircase. They said something about the insurance - havn't gotten it lined up yet. It kind of sounded like the HLC was in charge of that, but that doesn't make complete sense. They were hoping for the fall/next year, IIRC.

Hey, another reason to go back! laugh

Re: "The Way Home" #65604 08/22/06 12:58 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Couple of things have to be done in the lantern room to make the insurance guy happy before he signs off on general access. Hopefully we will be able to address those next month on our work day.

Re: "The Way Home" #65605 08/23/06 10:32 AM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Very nice Greg. smile

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el

Moderated by  wheland 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,317 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users