Print Thread
Product Search #52508 03/30/07 03:53 PM
R
rgurskey Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
R
This doesn't seem to be working correctly. The search will not locate the Point Lookout LLOM.

Re: Product Search #52509 03/30/07 04:01 PM
Lighthouse Duo Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
... isn't it CAPE Lookout?

Or have I missed something here?

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...
Re: Product Search #52510 03/30/07 04:08 PM
Lighthouser Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Point Lookout LLOM

But you're right, the "Product Search" isn't bringing it up. Found it under "Little Lights of Mine" heading.

Judy

Judy
Re: Product Search #52511 07/08/07 01:01 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
The product search is undergoing major revisions.

Right now, the product list should be up-to-date through the June announcements.

I've added page references to the Collectors Guide on the reporting page and expanded on the "note" to include information on variations also referencing Collectors Guide page numbers.

I know that some of the links to "Catalog Pages" do not work, others bring up pages that have not been updated. And there are some products that don't bring up an image on the report page.

I will be working on completing these later "to-do" items by the end of this month. In the mean time, you should be able to find information on all the products from 1991-2007. You may find some variance in the dates and numbers from the Collectors Guide - another item that will be brought in synch through this month.

No need to tell me what you see wrong yet. Let me get a bit farther along and then I'll ask for help in ferreting out those things.

http://www.harbourlights.com/search_products/search.htm

Re: Product Search #52512 07/08/07 09:22 AM
Cyndi Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
We appreciate all your hard work John.

Cyndi
Re: Product Search #52513 07/08/07 12:02 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
John, I use the Product Search page often, so I appreciate your efforts.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Product Search #52514 07/10/07 12:21 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Here are some of the changes made so far:

1. The product database is updated to include everything from 1991-2007 (except those you don't know about yet.)

2. The initial report page that lists the items your search has found now includes the Collectors Guide Page number in the right-most column. ("0" if it's not in the guide in the case of 2007 introductions.)

3. This initial report page now has the format of a checklist with a checkbox preceding the product number and a brief categorization of the product (such as "LE Event Lighthouse Thumbnail". This list is alphabetical instead of product number ordered.

As before, you can click on the linked NAME of the product to see a more in-depth report on that one product.

4. This in-depth page also includes the page number for the Collectors Guide and two additional features: A brief description of the body of water that the lighthouse is on and production notes about variations.

The "Retired" or "Available" status has been moved to right below the name of the lighthouse, which is below the large photo.

For limited editions, the edition size is now divided into two fields "Planned Edition" and "Actual Edition".

When you start from the Search Form, note that "Keywords" can be product number, part of the name of the lighthouse or any word that might appear in the database.

For example "hl145,hlL45r" would bring up the original and revised Assateague VA limited edition lights. Case does not matter on the search form and you can enter multiple items separated by commas.

I've added and assigned product numbers to the 12 "British Little Lights" starting at BLL001 to BLL012. If you want to see the list, enter "bll" in the keywords field. If you print the initial report page, you've created a checklist of those products.

You can do this with any specific group such as "LLOM", "thumbnail", "event", "ornament", "christmas" etc.

For long lists you plan to print, I've added "200" and "500" choices to the "show" field number of records to display before you have to click on "Next Page" at the bottom of the partial list.

So let's say you want to see all the lights on the Lake Michigan. Enter "lake michigan" in the keyword field then choose "Harbour Lights" from the drop down product list and choose "200" from the drop down show field.

This will show you both LEs and GLOWs.

Still working on unifying the tables in the Collectors Guide with the database (The Guide is better except it doesn't include 2007 items.)

Still working on the links to images and catalog pages.

Note that the Keywords field treats the 'comma' as "OR" so if you enter "Atlantic, Pacific" you'll get all that include either one OR the other.

In creating the 'bodies of water' field, I've tried to be consistent and may include several references such as "Atlantic Chesapeake Bay Baltimore Harbor" for Baltimore Harbor Light and "Atlantic Cape Cod" for Edgartown.

I'm open to corrections and suggestions for this field. But if you suggest something, you may be responsible for providing the updated content. For example, if you want "Nantucket" lights to have this word in the location field, you'll have to provide a list of all the lights, made and unmade that should have that word added.

P.S. Check out the location of "Barking Rocks" towel

Re: Product Search #52515 07/10/07 09:42 AM
Cyndi Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Looks great John.

Cyndi
Re: Product Search #52516 07/19/07 08:42 AM
Lighthouse Duo Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
yep, I like it too! The "tick box" is a great idea!

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...
Re: Product Search #52517 07/20/07 11:03 AM
5lights Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Nice job, John! towel I like it!!!

Debbie

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,414 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users