Next Thread
Print Thread
New Lighthouse Website #17197 08/22/06 07:14 PM
L
LighthouseFans Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know about my new website called LighthouseFans . It is a user-contributed database with photos and information about lighthouses around the world. You can also do searches on lighthouses within a certain distance from any zip code, sort lighthouses by criteria, and review and rate lighthouses you've been to. LighthouseFans was originally started for me to keep track of lighthouses I've been to/photographed, but I think others may enjoy using the site. Please check it out at, and help contribute if you have knowledge about any of the MANY(!) lights we haven't covered yet :p Thanks!

Cary
http://lighthousefans.com

Cary [LighthouseFans]
Re: New Lighthouse Website #17198 08/23/06 03:37 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Cary - I've made my first trip to LighthouseFans.com, but not my last. You've got a great start. Your pictures are very, very nice.

I did notice that your shopping cart page tries to save a malicious cookie ("Avenue A") that snoops. You probably aren't aware of it - it's related to the website that you are hosting your shopping cart with.

I'll be back when I have more time to spend.

Re: New Lighthouse Website #17199 08/23/06 05:15 AM
Lighthouse Duo Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hi Cary,
just had a look at your website and relised that I need a lot more time to look properly!
It looks VERY interesting.
Maybe, when there is a bit more time, I can contribute some European lighthouses...
In the mean time, feel free to link to our webpages!
Looking forward to more time on yours! Carry on the good work! smile cool

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...
Re: New Lighthouse Website #17200 08/23/06 10:03 AM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I think this will be another good lighthouse resource. When planning a trip it is nice to have more than one.

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: New Lighthouse Website #17201 08/23/06 10:20 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Looks like a great informative website. I see already that there's some NJ lighthouse info on it. I'll be taken time to take a further look soon.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: New Lighthouse Website #17202 08/24/06 01:11 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I, too, made my first of many visits to your site. It's a great concept! There's some databases out there, like the LH Digest one, and some forums, like this one, but noplace that takes the two concepts and makes them into a singular community.

I've already bookmarked it so I can go back. I should join, too - I might be able to help out a bit!

It looks like a great start...keep it going, and you could have a great resource on your hands!

Re: New Lighthouse Website #17203 08/24/06 08:07 PM
L
LighthouseFans Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks for visiting everyone smile Since I'm a little behind in responding (we were out at 4 NJ lighthouses on Wednesday), here's a reply to each person who posted:

JChidester - thanks for the head up on the cookie. I guess I'll just have to let it go for now since I couldn't do anything about it, unless I find a better way to sell my prints.

Lighthouse Duo - we would definitely appreciate some submissions on European lights. Thanks for visiting!

ericlighthouse - thanks for joining, and the addition of Cape St. George Lighthouse smile

Lighthouse Loon - thanks, I have added some more NJ lighthouse pictures

seagirt - thanks for the kind words smile

Alright, so I just said thanks a bunch of times laugh BTW, if you'd like to read a mini-trip report about the 4 NJ lights I just went to and see the pictures, you can go to: http://lighthousefans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=498

Cary [LighthouseFans]

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,299 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users