Next Thread
Print Thread
Erie Land Lighthouse #1247 10/24/05 09:36 PM
C
Capt. J Bone Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hello everyone,
My name is Pat Scutella and I live at the Erie Land Lighthouse in Erie,Pa. I use the user name Capt J Bone because he was the first Lighthouse keeper here in 1818. I have been told there has been some talk about the Erie Land Light recently in this forum. Can someone tell me the main content of the discussion? I look forward to hearing from anyone concerning the Erie Light or any other subject.

Re: Erie Land Lighthouse #1248 10/24/05 09:54 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Pat - My name is Rich and I talked to Mary about a month ago. Dave, another member, also talked to her about the same time. I myself come from Girard, PA and about 7 months ago we decided to try and get Harbour Lights to make a special edition of a lighthouse that would be exclusive to the Collectors Forums. We formed a committee and took nominations from our members for what lighthouse that would be. From the roughly 50 nominations the Erie Land Light was chosen based on size, history and would HL ever do it as a regular production, among other things. I was extremely happy with the selection as I was the one that nominated the ELL. We are having it produced by HLs with introduction in the spring of 2006. It will be a limited edition of only 500 pieces and will retail for $50.00(includes shipping). The Forums is buying the entire run of 500 and the pieces will be ordered over the Forums. You may order up to 2 pieces and either pay a deposit of $25.00 for each piece or pay the entire order in full by credit card, paypal or check/money order.

I know that any information that you can post on this Forum concerning the ELL will be appreciated by the members. Please post and let us know about your adventures at the ELL. We will be very interested to hear your inputs and while your at it if there are others in Erie that might be interested in ordering just tell them to register and go to the Forum entitled HARBOUR LIGHTS EXCLUSIVE FOR CF further on down from this Forum and they can order also. There is a link in the first part of the discussion that will take you to the order form.

Rich
Re: Erie Land Lighthouse #1249 10/24/05 09:58 PM
C
Capt. J Bone Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by flacoastie:
Pat - My name is Rich and I talked to Mary about a month ago. Dave, another member, also talked to her about the same time. I myself come from Girard, PA and about 7 months ago we decided to try and get Harbour Lights to make a special edition of a lighthouse that would be exclusive to the Collectors Forums. We formed a committee and took nominations from our members for what lighthouse that would be. From the roughly 50 nominations the Erie Land Light was chosen based on size, history and would HL ever do it as a regular production, among other things. I was extremely happy with the selection as I was the one that nominated the ELL. We are having it produced by HLs with introduction in the spring of 2006. It will be a limited edition of only 500 pieces and will retail for $50.00(includes shipping). The Forums is buying the entire run of 500 and the pieces will be ordered over the Forums. You may order up to 2 pieces and either pay a deposit of $25.00 for each piece or pay the entire order in full by credit card, paypal or check/money order.

I know that any information that you can post on this Forum concerning the ELL will be appreciated by the members. Please post and let us know about your adventures at the ELL. We will be very interested to hear your inputs and while your at it if there are others in Erie that might be interested in ordering just tell them to register and go to the Forum entitled ERIE LAND LIGHT further on down from this Forum and they can order also.

Re: Erie Land Lighthouse #1250 10/24/05 10:11 PM
C
Capt. J Bone Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Rich,
I do remember talking to my wife, Mary and her telling me about your discussion. Obviously I think it is a great idea. Some sad news here in Erie, Jim Johnson past away on Friday. Jim's Grndprts were keepers here at the turn of the last century (around 1900-1910). His mother was caretook the propery in the 1940s, Jim lived here untill he went off to fight in WWII. Jim's brother Bob Was born in the Keepers house in 1915. We became very good friends over the last few years he was 83 yrs old. I will miss him very much, he was a great story teller.

Re: Erie Land Lighthouse #1251 10/24/05 10:24 PM
beachcomber Offline
I am sorry that you lost your friend. Perhaps you will have the opportunity to write down some of Jim's stories? It would be a wonderful way to ensure that he and his stories are not forgotten.

beachcomber
Re: Erie Land Lighthouse #1252 10/24/05 10:30 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Thanks for the info Pat. I am sure a lot of the members will ask you questions so please be patient with us. It isn't very often that we get to ask an actual keeper questions concerning a lighthouse. Even though the term keeper may not be correct it is the closest we can come to a person actually living at a lighthouse in this day and age. We have a WELCOME FORUM at the beginning of the Forums where we actually greet our new members so please visit that Forum to see your greetings.

Rich
Re: Erie Land Lighthouse #1253 10/25/05 12:10 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Welcome Pat! Can you tell us how long you and Mary have lived at the lighthouse and what process you went through to be able to live there? I was there once a few years ago and everything looked very nice. Obviously you folks are doing a great job. Do you have any interesting stories to relate to us about your time at the lighthouse? I'm sure many of us would be very interested to hear them.

Re: Erie Land Lighthouse #1254 10/27/05 10:48 PM
C
Capt. J Bone Offline OP
OP Offline
C
sorry it took so long to get back! We have lived at E.L.L. for 11 years. The Yorcovich's lived here before that. Mr. Y past away and mrs. Y could not keep up with the work, and she dicided to move. The city of Erie had many applications to live here. The Mayor could not decide so she had a lottery drawing and we won the honor to live here. It's a beautiful peice of propery, we feel very fortunate to have raised our son at such a beautiful spot.

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,111 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users