Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Open Edition Pricing #470 03/26/04 04:24 PM
Lightseeker Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
While visiting the Key West Light last month, I noticed that the gift shop had the G.L.O.W. Edition of Key West Light for sale for $79.95. This wasn't just on a sign, they had the blue boxes with price stickers on them. The price seemed high for an open edition, so I checked at the HL Website when I got home.

Harbour Lights lists the price as $65.00. So I was wondering, has anyone else encountered pricing over list for a current item? If so was it at a lighthouse? Does anyone know if there's a policy or program for charging a premium at a light house gift shop, with the extra to go for preservation or other specific purposes?

Since I didn't know the "official" price for certain when I was there, I didn't ask at the gift shop. But I'm curious if this is typical, if it was an error, or what?

I didn't buy one; as I said, I was just wondering.

This post probably belongs in another forum - I'm just not sure which one.

Bruce

Re: Open Edition Pricing #471 03/26/04 07:42 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Harbour Lights gives the dealers a "suggested retail price". The Key West GLOW suggested retail price is in fact $65.

The dealer is at the southern most spot of the United States. I would think having merchandise shipped there costs extra. Naturally, the dealer must live in the area so it costs more for he or she to live there.

I believe HL encourages their dealers to not discount their product but I don't think they discourage them from charging a premium price if that's what the market will bear.

There are two kinds of money, regular money and vacation money. People are willing to pay more for something when they're on vacation than they would if there weren't on vacation. I guess that's what vacations are for!

smile Bob smile

Re: Open Edition Pricing #472 03/30/04 05:55 PM
shiulong Offline
Wacko
Wacko
I know a dealer who charges $1 over SRP. When called on it they go to SRP. confused Go figure.

Chuck

bigdragon

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,042 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users