cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Harbour Lights signing events at the lighthouse for its new releases. #5427 12/14/01 02:35 AM
DANIEL Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I would like to see more harbour light signing events held at the lighthouse that is modeled by Harbour lights. Like a grand introduction of a new model.
Bill should have a signing event for the new releases of some of the lights that are more popular and accessible.
For example. When the St. Johns River light L.E. is produced by Harbour Lights this year(I hope). They should hold a signing event right at the lighthouse. Rent a tent for Bill. Check with the Navy if they could open up the Lighthouse for tours. At least be able to look inside. See if the navy would open up the adjoining airfield for parking. (They hardly use it anyway.) Well maybe some now.

I think this would be a great promotional event and would let people in the area now about the new release and would get people excited about the lighthouse and its new Limited Addition by Harbour Lights.

Remember the Sapelo Island Harbour Light event. It makes a event more special when it is held at the lighthouse.
http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum19/HTML/000091.html

Daniel

DANIEL
Re: Harbour Lights signing events at the lighthouse for its new releases. #5428 12/14/01 03:58 AM
RezmanDale Offline
Sounds like a great idea! Pick up the new light, get it signed and climb the real thing all at once. I'd make the effort to be there.

Dale

Re: Harbour Lights signing events at the lighthouse for its new releases. #5429 12/14/01 05:14 AM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Dito !!!

If it where with-in 500 miles or so from home I'd do my best to be there !

And if I couldn't I know plenty of others would.

Stephanie

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: Harbour Lights signing events at the lighthouse for its new releases. #5430 12/14/01 11:29 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Not to throw cold water on a great idea -- but the purpose of Bill signings is to sell Harbour Lights. That's why they are held at stores.

Which dealer would a signing at the lighthouse benefit? Especially for a lighthouse far away from any dealers.

Re: Harbour Lights signing events at the lighthouse for its new releases. #5431 12/14/01 11:37 AM
Randy Kremer Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
John, how did it work at Sapelo? Did the visitor center benefit from the sales? I would have loved to have been able to go to that event!

Re: Harbour Lights signing events at the lighthouse for its new releases. #5432 12/14/01 10:26 PM
DANIEL Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Randy.
Proceeds went to the restoration of Sapelo Island Lighthouse.

Quote:
But the purpose of Bill signings is to sell Harbour Lights. That's why they are held at stores.

John
There would be some bugs to work out. Maybe all the dealers in the area that were interested could pitch in equally and buy the lighthouse stock needed for the event. Then afterward they would divide the profit equally. Each dealer could bring in extra stock of other Harbour Light lighthouses and sell them individual. Dealers could offer promotional stuff and hand out flyers promoting their establishment.

A couple of tents could be rented and everything set up under the tents including the signing. We would also need a special sticker for the event to be place under the figurine. This would make it more tempting for the collectors to purchase extras of the Lighthouse. I know at the Sapelo event I bought two extras with the stickers that I normally wouldn’t have.

Watch ya think.

Daniel

DANIEL
Re: Harbour Lights signing events at the lighthouse for its new releases. #5433 12/15/01 12:16 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
A couple of thoughts after reading the above replies:

How about Bill does his usual "Bill thing" at his scheduled signings and a Harbour Lights Rep stations himself or herself at the actual light for a specific amount of time passing out a special decal that can be attached to the base felt commemorating a special visit to that light. The stickers would be available for a small donation to the operating expenses or preservation of that particular light.

Perhaps a local photographer might be interested in doing photos of you at the light holding your lighthouse replica. The photos then could be purchased for a moderate cost with part of the proceeds going to the light.

Bob

Re: Harbour Lights signing events at the lighthouse for its new releases. #5434 12/15/01 03:46 PM
cclighthousebuff Offline
Wacko
Wacko
You folks are "on to something". I think it's a great idea and needs to be done in concert with Bill's primary purpose as stated above. However, I like the idea of linking a signing to the site of the lighthouse.

Re: Harbour Lights signing events at the lighthouse for its new releases. #5435 12/16/01 04:42 PM
AZlightkeeper Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
It would be a great idea! Maybe a couple of dealers could set up booths to increase their sales. I know the lighthouses in my collection that I have visited have a special meaning. I have pictures that I have taken framed behind that piece.

Jim

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,052 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users