Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Autoship Question #6838 02/04/08 12:39 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
I thinking of becoming an HL autoship customer, but I'm not sure which HL pieces would I would be required to buy.

Is it just LE's or are GLOW's, Anchor Bay, etc. also required?

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Autoship Question #6839 02/04/08 01:10 PM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Howdy Loon,

As far as I know, you can request LE's AND/OR GLOW's AND/OR Anchor Bays. You can pick one or all.

bobo

Re: Autoship Question #6840 02/04/08 02:21 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I buy just the limited editions, lenses and the Anchor Bays. I go through the Bronze Lady in Orlando. Contact them and ask for Terry. He'll take care of you extremely well. I've dealt with him for years on other things and just recently switched my autoship numbers to him.

Rich
Re: Autoship Question #6841 02/04/08 03:47 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
I buy just the limited editions, lenses and the Anchor Bays.
Just like Rich, who I quoted above, I purchase just the LE's, and don't buy GLOWS. I think it's up to the dealer as to what they may require you to purchase to qualify for the same flag# each new release.

The way the collectible world is right now, I would think you could pick and choose what you want. The dealer will probably be happy just to have a "guaranteed" customer.

smile Bob smile

Re: Autoship Question #6842 02/04/08 08:03 PM
Roland Babineau Offline
Loon, I have customers who prefer only Limited Editions, others who want only Little Lights, and others who want EVERYTHING! Pretty much I, as most dealers do, will tailor auto-ships to our customers' wants and needs.

Roland Babineau, Editor
Lighthouse Encyclopedia
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/lighthouse_encyclopedia
Re: Autoship Question #6843 02/04/08 09:22 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Thanks for the info Bobo, Rich, BobM, & Roland!!!

So far so good!

Now comes the hard part.

I'd like to become a two digit piece autoship customer with my current local HL dealer. They have been HL dealers since the begining. They have lost most of there HL customers and I would hate to drop them.

I'm almost certain there are no two digit pieces available. I've asked them to check and I'm waiting for a response.

Stan M
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Autoship Question #6844 02/05/08 11:18 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Stan, ...My dealer may have a 2-digit available if you're interested. Let me know.

keyboard Bob

Re: Autoship Question #6845 02/05/08 01:49 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob M:
Stan, ...My dealer may have a 2-digit available if you're interested. Let me know.

keyboard Bob
Thanks Bob, I will let you know. I want to give my local dealer every oppurtunity to keep me as a customer.

Stan M
Re: Autoship Question #6846 02/10/08 03:57 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Well I finally spoke to my local HL dealer yesterday. Based on what he told me I'm postponing becoming an autoship customer for now.

cheers Thanks to all who have offered to help in my wish to become an autoship customer in 2008.

Stan M
Re: Autoship Question #6847 02/11/08 12:33 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
3 - My local dealer is already hurting, I can't bring myself to move my business to another dealer.
That's an honorable way to feel, Loon. Apparently, you have developed a close business relationship with your dealer, and those businesses need that kind of loyalty to survive.

smile Bob smile

Re: Autoship Question #6848 02/12/08 12:57 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob M:
That's an honorable way to feel, Loon. Apparently, you have developed a close business relationship with your dealer, and those businesses need that kind of loyalty to survive.
Except for a few early on purchased from Cape Annie's, I've been buying new releases from my local HL dealer, which in in Seaside Heights, NJ.

They have been a HL dealer since the beginning. Back in the 90's they used to have Bill Younger signing events. Since the store is small, they would have tables outside on the boardwalk. Many would comment on how nice it was to have their lighthouses signed while ocean waves were crashing on the beach behind them.

My local HL dealer used to have several autoship customers, but they are all gone now. I think I'm just one of three or four steady HL customers. This is a store that used to have several cases with HL's in them, now they have only one case.

Sad to think the only way a two digit autoship would become available if another store went under. That and HL would have to override the rule of the store having to buy two of every SKU.

I still may call HL directly in the near future to see if their is a way to sort this out. I willing to make the financial investment longterm, if a two digit becomes available to my local dealer.

Stan M

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (DANIEL, Rock, Dave H), 1,590 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users