Next Thread
Print Thread
November Musings #5988 11/10/07 08:09 PM
Tony C Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
Good Saturday Afternnon!

I'll answer backwards! I did have only the one article for "Musings" and that was the announcement of the Founder's Collection. BUT, I am a salesman, first and it does not hurt to remind Collectors of our product offerings!

Re the Founder's Collection, I have to admit I am disappointed by the rather timid response. Each of you has the opportunity of owning a piece of Harbour Lights History! The Replicas are avaialbe at their last issue retail price and shipping is FREE! You can only purchase through an authorized Dealer NO PHONE orders!

When the first announcement came out there was a LOUD CRY that we were catering to "deep pockets"; when I was with Collectors in public I would receive the same response. NOW the minimum is three Replicas as a minimum! I understood the past criticism and developed a program that made the Founder's Collection accessible to all Collectors!

Remember the is Bill's Collection; I hope that you each understand my responsibility - I am to sell the Collection in a manner that is respectful of the history and tradition it represents. I trust you understand this offering is directed to EVERY Collector.

Dealers information packets will leave in the next three business days - I also made Collectors aware of the offering BEFORE Dealers - I hope that answers the critisism you are "always the last to know"!

You can always reach me at 800 365 1219

AJC

Re: November Musings #5989 11/10/07 09:19 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I am very interested in this program. My biggest question is "Will this be a first come, first served" or will all have a chance at the same pieces? Will there be a drawing to see who is the winner if more then one person wants the same piece? If it is first come, first served, those of us that are on the far corners of Maine not have a chance because of the snail speed post office?

Rich
Re: November Musings #5990 11/10/07 10:26 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
Re the Founder's Collection, I have to admit I am disappointed by the rather timid response.
Silence means approval. groupwave

Allot of this so far is old news.
We heard about the Founders collection last year.
We also heard that some of the collector's ideas were going to be used to sell the founders collection, which I assumed would be the three-limit thing that we discussed last year. It is also my guess that you will use the idea that a buyer will have to be a society member and will have to buy one from each of three different lists. A L.E. list of older ones, a L.E. list of newer ones and one of glows.

I am already figuring out how many I am going to buy and where to come up with the money. beanie

DANIEL
Re: November Musings #5991 11/10/07 10:42 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hummmmm... this is going to get very very interesting!

All most as much fun as trying to buy Van Halen tickets for the reunion tour this year....

If I understand this correctly, single digit Nos. 2-10 are available for sell from Bill's personal collection, so does that mean there will be nine (9) Cape Hatteras HL102s available for sale at retail?

This is too good to be true. I am trying to take this all in, and be patient, but I'm not buying it folks. Some where there is a catch. I guess we need to wait until the dealers have the "fine print" so us collectors know how this is going to work....

This is going to be like trying to stand in line to buy a Cabbage Patch doll from Kmart back in 1984 (or whatever year those dolls first came out).

Someone out there is going to be very very HAPPY for Christmas!! wink

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: November Musings #5992 11/10/07 11:38 PM
Dave H Online
Saint
Saint
There is not a catch - there are two tiers. You may purchase one from tier one (HL 118 - 180) and two from tier two (181 and up). 101 - 117 are longgggggggg gone, before the sale of the company. You may purchase multiple sets of 3, in the same quantities (1 from tier one and 2 from tier two). Orders will be faxed in by your dealer, and this will be a first come sale I believe. However, there will be a No Earlier Than date for orders - I have suggested to Tony that any dealer that tries to slip one in ahead of this date, they should simply shred the order without even looking at it. This is being done to give everyone a fair shot at getting orders in. I think this is a very good approach, and gives all the dealers the opportunity to receive the mailing and get the word out to their collectors and collect order forms to fax in on the appropriate date.

Re: November Musings #5993 11/11/07 09:16 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
Dave

No glows?

DANIEL
Re: November Musings #5994 11/12/07 01:39 AM
Dave H Online
Saint
Saint
Don't think the final decision has been made yet. I would imagine Tony will be along in the next day or so to correct any boo-boo's on my part and to add missing information.

Re: November Musings #5995 11/12/07 11:55 AM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Thanks for a little more insight on this opportunity Dave....

It would be nice to get some more "official" information from Tony.

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: November Musings #5996 11/12/07 12:25 PM
Tony C Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
Good Monday Morning!

There are four Options to this offering@
Option #1: Allows Collectors to purchase a minimum of three replicas
Option #2:Allows the Collector to purchase (30)
Option #3: Allowsthe Collector to purchase (60)
Option #4 Allows the Collector to purchse an entire Low Edition # Set.

All FAXES will be stamped and yes we will fill orders on a first com first served basis.

I expect that the majorityof sales will come from Option #1; we are asking collectors selecting Option #12 to list (15) choise to receive (3) simply because of the large number of Collector I expect will particpate ib\n this offering.

There is a change in Tiers: Tier #1HL 103-160 Tier #2 HL 161-354 Dealers will have a complete list of available Replicas. Let me point out that from HL-107-HL 117 there are no available
Replicas. These were Replicas that Younger and Associates donate various causes!

You need to go to a Dealer to read the entire Offering!

AJC

Re: November Musings #5997 11/12/07 02:58 PM
beachcomber Offline
A lot of collectors no longer have local dealers. I guess we will have to rely on our long distance dealers to read us the list. smile

beachcomber
Re: November Musings #5998 11/12/07 04:04 PM
Tony C Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
Good Monday Afternoon!

If you do not have a local dealer yet want a copy of availability by Tier, write:
tconstantino@harbourlights.com

That said - you must order through a Dealer!
I trust everyone understands why!

AJC

Re: November Musings #5999 11/12/07 04:28 PM
beachcomber Offline
Thank you, Tony. That will be very helpful. No problem buying from a dealer - mine even ships free! cool

beachcomber
Re: November Musings #6000 11/19/07 11:55 AM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
It must be SNOW! Yup, snow it is here in the Northeast.... and Super Wacko status too boot! wink

-Christopher
"CAVR"

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Dave H, Rock), 1,471 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users