cf-banner.jpg
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
The General Forum Jump to new posts
Re: The find of a lifetime or just a sign of the times? DANIEL 07/13/20 10:48 PM
Great find. It would have been interesting to see what all the other lighthouses were. If my memory is correct there is 4 Coquille versions. According to your number, yours would be the 3 panel door with green frames around the glazing in the light tower identifying it as a California mold with Canadian paint and felt.. You probably have the green felt that doesn't go to the edge making it a very early Canadian produced. The California mold was used but it was pained and felt attached in Canada which would have had the larger brown box with Castle Studious stamped on it.
Against popular popular believe not all of the first 250 of the first 17 was California made. Only the Cape Hatteras filled the full order of 250 (plus the extras that was made for breakage) which made it 267 produced (before all the breakage). The only true way to know if you have a pure manufactured in California is by the plain brown Box. or the light gray felt. In my opinion when it comes to the coquille the only truly all California made was the artist proofs or counter samples and maybe the first 10. But with all that said us old collectors value the California mold just as valuable as the californium made. Congratulations on a fantastic find.

If you want to know more about the Coquille I wrote a comprehensive write up in one of my top ten on eBay (TOE) wright up. I personify have all the first 17 with box numbered 150 or less except the coquille and the Hatteras.
1 16 Read More
The Welcome Mat Jump to new posts
Re: Welcome STEVE J. DANIEL 07/11/20 06:51 PM
Welcome STEVE J. to the forums
1 27 Read More
Re: Welcome Compuman202 DANIEL 07/11/20 06:50 PM
Welcome Compuman202 to the Forums
1 9 Read More
The United States Coast Guard Jump to new posts
Re: USCG Roger Taney To Be Renamed Dave H 07/08/20 02:19 AM
This ship is a piece of history. I would certainly like to see them leave the name intact and not simply use the hull number.
2 36 Read More
Lighthouse Duty Jump to new posts
Re: SAND KEY Lighthouse auction Dave H 07/02/20 01:41 AM
Sounds like all the lights are literately tied up in bureaucratic knots! Certainly would be nice if they could figure the whole mess out and solve it. I would think they would like to actually complete the project, sell the lights and move on to the next property. Someone may have decided to make a career out of selling the reef lights.
4 532 Read More
Re: Welcome DeLongMarine The Cape Cod Store.com 06/29/20 11:43 PM
Welcome DeLongMarine. Welcome aboard Mate! As Daniel mentioned my website does handle all of the Harbour Lights items, lenses included as we can get them, as well as much more. Local here on Cape Cod too! Here is the website.
https://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html
Feel free to give me a call at 508-364-0947 if you'd like to chat.
3 132 Read More
The Cape Cod Store Jump to new posts
From Harry's private collection The Cape Cod Store.com 06/29/20 11:37 PM
I have available a very special item from Harry Hine's personal collection!! No need to bid on this one.
https://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbour_lights/le_fastnet_rock_fresnel_lens.html
0 37 Read More
Anchor Bay Shipyard Jump to new posts
Re: A Little Help, Please! DANIEL 06/28/20 12:19 PM
Yes I am very thankful to God what he has given me.
8 1,453 Read More
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,909
Posts184,396
Members2,552
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Randy Kremer, Weasel58, lmyhre, DANIEL, Dave H), 622 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Compuman202, STEVE J, DeLongMarine, Hilari, KirbySheltie
2552 Registered Users