I talked to Bill about these type of errors at a recent store event in California. He was signing a "Mlkilteo" that I recently bought on EBay. It's a stamping error and similar to yours. There are, or usually are, no AP's of this as some other variations due to mold errors which are different. This type of error is usually one of a kind. This depends on how the stamp is set and how close it is being watched. Occasionally, a letter in the stamp may recess, or be off the mark in some way. With all the lighthouses being stamped, errors do occur. Not all are caught. When I asked what happens when a stamping error is caught he quickly changed the subject. When I brought it back up, he looked up at me and with the famous Bill smile, said there are a few errors of this type out there. It's just that maybe nobody's noticed. I am currently looking at all my "Flags". I have found one that has no edition number, but I don't consider that a rarity since the numbers are penned in. Whereas the name is stamped. You truly have a good find. It's one of a few, if not the only one.

[This message has been edited by JeffMarsh (edited 05-17-2002).]