There are ways to work the lay-away angle. As Roland does, my local dealer will allow me to put items on lay-away which is great for me. I recall a number of years ago there was a dealer who did a lot of mail order business and also set up lay-aways for you. (Think the dealer is now gone, but I did use that option to purchase several pieces.)

You might also ask your dealer to ship you only a piece or two at a time to allow you to space out payment (presuming the dealer is able to 'carry' you over several months. I recall Saint Rodney once telling us that his dealer had a stash of lights for him, and he would pick up one when he was able. Family also knew where to go to purchase him gifts and the dealer would take one from the stash for them to buy for Rod.

I think your suggestion that people buy what they can afford is a good one. This is a great addiction, but we do need to keep it in check.

When not buying them all, the really tough part is deciding which ones to get, especially when there is a great group to choose from!