My question is simply "What can we do to improve participation by both established members and new members just joining the Forums"?

I've been thinking about this problem for quite some time. We average between 300-400 visitors(members and non-members) during any 12 hour period each day. Of these 300-400 visitors, approximately 40-50 are registered Forum members. Of the registered Forum members, only 7-8 post on a regular basis. We have been averaging 1-2 new members each week, but, none of the newer members post either on a regular or non-regular basis. We are declining further and further on our posts and either we step up to the plate and improve this or we will slowly fade into the sunset.

Here are some of the reasons I have heard for not posting by our regular members:
1. I don't have the time anymore.
2. I have nothing interesting to say.
3. I feel dumb posting when everyone else know the answers.
4. I have lost interests in lighthouses but still like to read the posts.
5. I don't collect so why post.
6. There are no new posts so how can I respond.

Do these reasons for not posting fit your reasons for not participating? Now what can we do to spike your interests again? Here are some suggestions:
1. Do away with some of the older, less interesting and out of date forums and replace them with more current forums.
2. Add new lighthousing forums that deal with lighthouses in general and not pertaining directly to Harbour Lights.
3. Add a new forums strickly for new members(or older members) to ask questions about Harbour Lights and lighthouses in general.
4. Add forums where collectibles other then Harbour Lights can be discussed.
5. Add a forum where other collectibles can be bought/sold/traded.

I'm asking for input from all registered members and not just the reliable 7-8 that post on a regular basis. No ideas will be disregarded or laughed at and some MAY be implemented. Any and all ideas are welcome whether they are from established or new members. We have got to do something to jump start our Forums or we will continue to decline until the Forums is not worth visiting.

Rich