Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Collector's Society snafu #80719 10/02/06 03:15 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I've been a member of the Harbour Lights Collector's Society for many years. I renew my membership each year. Usually I have my HL Dealer take care of it for me because I like to receive my autoship #.

This year I got a note from my dealer that I would have to call Harbour Lights direct to renew my membership. I kind of forgot about it until I found the note buried with a lot of my other paperwork on my desk.

I called Harbour Lights on August 8, and renewed via credit card. I got my credit card bill for the $39.00 charge last month but still haven't receive my free gift, Mussel Bed Shoals. I called my dealer out in Oregon and inquired as to the whereabouts of my membership piece. My dealer told me that Harbour Lights stated I never renewed my membership this year. I promptly pulled out my credit card bill and gave my dealer the info. She stated she would contact Harbour Lights regarding this matter.

Has anyone else experienced this Collector Society snafu? It will be two months at the end of this week and I still haven't received my membership piece. I know the transaction went through because they charged my credit card. I must admit I'm a little disappointed in a couple of things: 1. I don't have my society piece yet even though I was charged for it as of August 8; 2. Harbour Lights took my money and didn't follow through with what I paid for; 3. Harbour Lights called my dealer and told them they didn't ship the piece because I didn't renew my membership. Someone is sleeping at the switch, and it isn't me.

eek Bob eek

Re: Collector's Society snafu #80720 10/02/06 05:47 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Well this didn't take very long. I had a message on my answering machine when I got home from work. It was a call from my dealer saying she spoke with Kathy at Harbour Lights and squared the situation away. They had my payment recorded on August 8 but somehow the paperwork got lost in the shuffle and the gift piece was never sent. My dealer advised it will now be en route.

Problem solved!

smile Bob smile

Re: Collector's Society snafu #80721 10/05/06 09:32 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
My Mussel Bed Shoals arrived yesterday, and it was my auto ship flag#! Now that's what I call service from Harbour Lights!

smile Bob smile

Re: Collector's Society snafu #80722 10/28/06 12:18 AM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
That was resolved quick!

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: Collector's Society snafu #80723 10/28/06 09:28 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I truly felt that once Harbour Lights realized there was a problem, they took care of it immediately. If something isn't quite right then you need to bring it to their attention. Once they know there is a problem, then they can take the necessary action to resolve the issue.

One of those squeaky wheel gets the oil things...

smile Bob smile

Moderated by  Dave H, JTimothyA 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,643
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,342 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users