Quote:
Originally posted by Bob M:
Quote:
The Collector Forums are provided as a service to Harbour Lights collectors and others Interested in lighthouses world-wide by Lighthouse Keepers.
The posts reflect the opinions of the individual. Not affiliated with Harbour Lights or Lighthouse Marketing, Ltd.
That's what it says at the top of the first page! Did you guys know that?

smile Bob smile
Yep, it says that- and if I'm not mistaken it has for quite sometime and will continue into the future.

It's similar to that legal disclaimer on the back of that ticket you get when you park your car and has as much actual validity.

It goes back to what John said on the other thread this is being discussed on- the HLCF is what it is and is his baby and while other views are encouraged and tolerated if he doesn't want something to happen it's just not going to happen here.

He doesn't want to allow other collectibles to be sold here- and this is not a new concept- so I'd say that no matter how many think it's a good idea it just isn't going to happen.

You are right that many other topics are discussed here but they fit into a different category- they are not in financial competition with the product that is the primary subject of this site.

There are other places to find collectibles of other manufacture and it's not needed for them to be available here. It might be nice to have access to other lighthouse collectibles but I just don't see john changing his mind about this subject.

I know you say this is your favorite site but if you want to add other collectibles to the mix you'll probably have to create your own site with your own rules to accomplish that.

I'm a rabble rouser at times but in certain areas I can be very pragmatic- this is one of them. It just ain't gonna happen no matter how many times it comes up so I just live with it as it is.

Dennis