"And as for Clubs and the 2001 Reunion...

The early Reunion 2001 registration for Collector Club members was decided after the Legacy was mailed and was done because the Collector Clubs have been so helpful at these Regional Events.

As Bob Scroope has noted elsewhere, Harbour Lights does not expect to sell out the Reunion on October 14. They expect anyone who calls ready to register on October 14 will be able to so so.

And, HL believes, those calling will have a better chance of getting through by phone that day with some of the registrations already handled through clubs."

This statement above does not address the most important aspect of the issue- If this was the way they decided to do why did they not announce this information on the OFFICIAL HARBOUR LIGHT WEBSITE.

It is understandable that they could not get it into the the changes in the procedure out in the Legacy due to time constraints. It is not understandable why as of 6:41 PM EDT on 9-29-00 the OFFICIAL HARBOUR LIGHTS WEBSITE says the following in it's OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT about the 2001 Reunion Registration-

"Register: Telephone Registration will take place, first come, first served, on October 14, 2000, from 6 AM to Noon (Pacific Standard Time). We're sorry, but we cannot accept early registrations. Please have your credit card ready when you call, as we will take a 50% deposit at the time of registration."

I have come to agree with most that it's Harbour Lights party and they can make any rules they see fit to make. But, it's only right to make those rules known to all at least- even if all are not bound by them. It is immmaterial if they expect there to be spots at the end of the day on 10-14. they still had an obligation to their supporters to give them all the pertinent information.

I disagree with those who feel the Reunion is overpriced, but respect their opinion. I believe based on the stories of past Reunions, and the things listed as included in this one, that when you factor in the intangibles your are getting a bargain.

I have little care what number I get. Yes, some people will pay more for a lower number, but then some people collect barbed wire.

I agree that it is a hard task to balance completely fair treatment and rewarding those who have contributed to the cause above and beyond the norm. I don't think you can include everyone who joins one set of people and not those who chose not too. They may have actually done more outside of the organized group.

What's the answer? As with most things that include more than one option and more than one person there is no easy answer. There are very few things that you can get all to agree on. All you can do is try and let people know where you are coming from and stay consistent. You will find that even if people don't like your actions, they will respect you because you are being you and they know where you are goming from