Quote:
Daniel, I am a realist. The ideas you have presented are generally not practical or workable. I pointed that out. You don't like that. Sorry that you feel it was not professional to bring reality into the discussion.
Dave you have good valid points and where you lack professionalism is not in the substance of your ideas, it is how you percent your ideas. You come on as a Forum Bully trying to belittle and undermine the topic presenters thinking this helps your debate. Debate the topic not me. I don’t like being accused of having no common sense and I specially don’t like the accusations that my ideas on selling the founders collection is for my best interest only. I think you need to work on how to respect other people’s ideas. But I bet this is not the first time you heard that before.

Dave the other problem is we don’t know what is your opinion or what actually comes from inside info. With me we all know it is all my ideas and opinion. I think most people on the forum think that what every you say comes from inside info and they believe it to be the final word. Is this your opinion of what’s left of the founders collection should be bulldozer under or is this from inside info?

After the first founder’s collection announcement, I also had much opposition when I presented my ideas on how the founder’s collection should be sold. I was told that it was Bills collection and Bill can sell it how he wants to. Later on at the second selling of the founders collection Many of my ideas where used. I don’t think my idea on how to sell the founders the next turn around is unpractical I think it is the only way. As for someone or a group buying the whole collection they would have to be out of their right mind. Don’t forget there is also a load of around 700 GLOWs in the founder’s collection, not mentioning the Anchor bay. Would someone buy a pallet? Maybe that would be possible. Could Bill find volunteers to help in inventory, most likely?

The options left for Bill is.
1. Do nothing and just keep paying storage.
2. Keep paying storage but keep trying to sell off as much as possible.
3. Haul them off to the dump.
4. Find a large buyer.

Which of these seem like the most practical?

Are there any other options? Would more collectors volunteer to buy more of the founder’s collection if it was offered again just to make sure they salvage a little more of Harbour Light History?

Dave if the founders collection is offered again and any of my ideas are used I will be sure to bring it to your attention. smile

DANIEL