I can't believe that Sean, Tim and I all agree on something. I totally disagree with offering all pieces first to the society members. The reasons that Tim and Sean stated are all valid. Also the dealers must be considered in this proposal, they need stock on the shelves for people to look at. The first time customer would probably balk at buying into something that they are forced into (society), to guarantee they get one. At the amount of memberships there are now it would be conceivable that a piece could be sold out be before getting to the dealers store and the store then just becomes a shipping clerk. All of the stores I have been to stock other items and even if you don't buy a Harbour Light lighthouse that day, after looking at them, you might buy a card or something else. There are thousands of reasons the dealers wouldn't go for the idea. The stores were a little unhappy, I believe, with the way the Old Field Point was handled last year; it causes some confusion to them.
Keep the Society and the Special Society pieces separate from the regular editions, that's what makes them SPECIAL!!

WackoPaul

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!