"Sure, I envy them because they're probably richer than skunks, but I'm also upset because the implied promise they made to collectors in 1991 has been brutally broken."

Well Bill, I wasn't around in 1991 to see the implied promise (I started later than you did) but I doubt the Youngers will ever be "richer than skunks" because they seem to give to much away. Between the contributions they make to Lighthouses and other nautical groups and what they give back to their core group of collectors through various contests, drawings and giveaways, they don't seem real interested in hoarding their money. I hope that they are well paid for their work, and that the company is a huge success. If it is not and they go out of business, we all lose.
The Youngers have been most generous to me at every event that I have attended and I cannot believe how much they give away at events like the reunion and Rosemont. I am also sure that there are many donations that we are unaware of. So, this weekend I am including Harbour Lights in the things I am thankful for because I think they work hard to make life a little more enjoyable.
Jim
Johnson