>>Maybe I missed something somewhere but I haven't seen the price drop on those pieces since I started collecting just over two years ago. <<

I don't think the previous post said anything about prices dropping. The appreciation curve for Belles with matching GLOWs has basically flat-lined. I don't know what you paid, but I do not see where prices have gone up for these, certainly not over the last two years. I am rather surprised to see St. Augustine going for around $400, thats 20%-25% off its peak. At the moment, Ocracoke is now the highest priced Belle ($475++) It has gone up dramatically, and as Richard points out, its the only non-GLOW Belle.

>>It doesn't matter that the guy with a small collection will never be able to afford the LE of his or her favorite light.<<

HL shoulda started with a much higher edition size if they wanted to make sure everyone could afford their "Hand Numbered Limited Editions" - or not place any limit on production. But I don't think it was their goal. I think they are extremely happy a secondary market developed and prices went up - thats an indication they successfully introduced a line of Collectibles - which I believe was exactly their goal. Having achieved it, they have gone on to exploit it and, to an extent, abandon it.

And you make a very good point Bob, your so-called 'Retired Open Editions' are effectively LEs. Maybe the straightforward thing for Y&A to do is drop the phony LE OE distinction, stop numbering any models, while keeping all edition sizes open. I will draw the line however at advocating what some in this forum may endorse, namely a social economy where everyone has the right to afford everything. LOL!

>>What's the motto in New Hampshire? "Give me LEs or give me death?"<<
You're thinking of Patrick Henry. He's often misquoted. What he *really* said was 'Give me the statue of Liberty or give me Death'.

Broadcasting Live from the FSB,
__
/im