There is a Hallmark store near where I live that I go to every few weeks to see if they put out any new lights or maybe an old one found in the back. I have not seen too many pieces move off of their shelves in many months! Most have been in their original spot collecting dust for a few years!

On the other hand, I just happened into a local mall this past summer during a "sidewalk sale". One of the stores there sells Harbour Lights and had them on sale amongst other collectable items. The store had them at 40% off retail. Did I buy any? You better believe it! I purchased 5 pieces that I hadn't gotten yet. They were pieces from 1998 and 1999. I knew the store owner from previous purchases and asked him why he had them at a discount. He told me his sales rep. "talked" him into buying 10 of each model that came out back then, so he did. He told me sales were very slow on these pieces, so during this mall wide sale, he decided to get rid of some extras to make room for Chirstmas items coming in shortly.

While I was making my purchase, I saw many HL's going out the door! Don't know if these people were buying because they collect them or the discount or both! I know I was lucky to get the ones I did before they were all gone. I also know that he would not have sold all those lights if he did not have them on sale out at the front of the store. Did he make much on the sales? No, but he did move a lot of inventory that was taking up space back in his small storeroom. He also learned not to order so many pieces from his rep. in the future!