Yaaaaawn. Good morning.

Yeah, it's my understanding that the fog signal building is more for sounding off about Harbour Lights. I think the majority of the above thread should be continued in the apartment downstairs: the "Nothing to do with Anything" thread.

I think what we're seeing is the incredible power of the Internet to bring people together instantly from all over. Can you imagine...in the "old days" all we'd have would be the editorials in the local newspaper to turn to? I hope no one takes this technology for granted, because, when you sit back and really think about it, the Internet is weaving together worldwide communities and viewpoints that never would have existed before. And it's so easy, that's what gets me. Anyway. . .

Personally, I think the Statue of Liberty is the perfect turn-of-the-century piece for Harbour Lights and its collectors, who are 99% red, white, and blue American. They've already sculpted all the really famous lighthouses here, so SOL makes sense. It's different, it's patriotic, it's a real lighthouse, it'll make the company lots of money, and it'll probably generate many new wackos. Everybody wins. I also like what the SOL stands for...a welcoming of people from all over the world, particularly those who are escaping oppressive regimes.

It's just a great big warm 'n fuzzy that will have special significance in the HL line as time goes on.