Here's some more food for thought.

>>GLOWs have a detrimental impact on the rate of LE retirement. Every dollar spent on a GLOW is a dollar not spent on an LE. <<

Every dollar spent on a GLOW is a dollar not spent on a Cheryl Spencer Collin, Lefton or any other brand that may currently make a Portland Head or any other retired LE Harbour Lights has put out in the past. Is this the lesser of evils ? Offending a percentage of hard core collectors by producing GLOW's or the potential loss of a sale and customer to another brand of lighthouse's when that customer gets to the store and can't find a certain (fill in your favorite high priced/only available on the secondary market piece) lighthouse that was never made as a GLOW, so he turns to leave the store and see's brand X has just the lighthouse that has so much sentimental value to the new collector. Now the dollar that was not spent on a LE wasn't even spent on a OE nor was any other money this collector had since he now collects brand X.

..........Later that day the angel takes Bill Younger to a signing event where Bill looks in the window and see's Timmy, Artie and Little Sean all having their pieces signed by Cheryl Spencer Collin, Bill burst's thru the doors and says to the three "What are you doing collecting her lighthouses ?" Not to be bothered during the little time they have with Cheryl and her stories, they grab Bill to throw him out as he's yelling "Sean,Tim, Art Don't ya know me ? Huh ? Don't ya know me ?" The angel helps Bill to his feet and says " you never made GLOW's Bill and Cheryl became the Queen of limited edition lighthouses and "Giftware" lighthouses. The angel shows Bill how his wife and daughters are making a small living selling collectible cottages roadside in the desert and how his brother Bob became the lumber king of the western U.S. and is a world record holder for having stalked and killed the largest beaver in North America ( all though it was at a zoo, but none the less a record )
Later as the angel returns Bill to his rented car and he see's the damage to the car. Bill says " I didn't take the LDW, now this is going to cost a fortune to fix, I may have to sell my # 4 Coquille to pay for this"

The Credits:

Bill Younger as himself
Timmy - portrayed by Tim
Artie - portrayed by Rod
Little Sean - portrayed by Paul
The Angel - portrayed by John
Cheryl - portrayed by Lorraine
And a cameo appearence by Fred as the bridge tender

This movie was modified from it's original format to fit your moniter.

And now you know the rest of the story !

[This message has been edited by Mark Wagner (edited 01-09-99).]