There certainly has been a lot of discussion on Barking Rocks in this thread and in the original thread about a "Guest Artist". I believe we all recognize the fact that Dave Winter is a well known and respected sculptor. We also recognize the fact that this is an attempt by Harbour Lights to introduce another phase of offerings from their fine company. For this company to grow, they must come up with new and innovative ideas. They are catering to their faithful HL collectors by reducing edition sizes and producing only the highest quality replicas. For that, we should all be thankful.

Despite their efforts, most of us feel fantasy/fictional lights have no place in a traditional HL collection. It's bad enough we have often discussed our dislike for GLOW's, aka open editions, but now we are entering fantasy land with a HL number. This puts a serious amount of pressure on those die-hard collectors who must have one of everything released with the coveted HL number. In turn, many dealers make be getting stuck with these pieces on their shelves at collectors turn their backs at this attempt to merge real lights with fantasy lights.

I haven't spoken with my dealer as of yet, but I will advise them I'm not interested in this piece. Besides being a non-traditional HL, it is also an extremely expensive piece at $125. The not-so-die-hard collector would find it not very appetizing to cough up $125 for this offering. They would much rather purchase two regular HL LE's for their collection than what may just become a "white elephant" in the eyes of the HL collectors.

:rolleyes: Bob :rolleyes: