I have to agree with Tim. When he first analyzed the HL LE line his analysis made great sense to me (thanks again Tim for your insightful analysis, diligent work and for sharing it with the HL collectors community).

My HL collecting goals are: I only collect LE's. I'll most likely never have a Coquille or an original Cape Hatteras. I don't particularly collect variations, although I do have a few. Like most collectors I suspect, I have limited funds available to buying HL every month. I'd like to have a nearly complete collection some day so that I can buy and enjoy each new release when it ships.

So, when Tim's spreadsheet became available what the data hypothetically said to me was if I have $400 available for HL today, would I rather have Ocracoke at $400 or five current editions? The five current editions being considered will most likely still be available in two years at the same $400. However, the Ocracoke may well be $600 or more by then. Therefore, for my collecting goals, it's more economical for me to get Ocracoke now rather than later. So, I watch and wait and save my 'allowance' for reasonably good deals on HL's at the top of my list.

I do buy a current edition once and awhile and I do buy HL's at retail as they retire. And of course, I get all the Society pieces.

I do miss out on the excitement of new releases but this is just temporary. Plus, I get to experience it vicarously through everyone's postings in this forum.

------------------
Keepin' the flame