Moby,

Much as you, I would love to have one of each. However, I am unfortunately a realist and accept the fact that there are many lights I just can't, or won't, have. I have been very fortunate in locating a reasonable number of retired (some for several years) pieces.

Since I direct a Consumer Credit Counseling Service helping people correct errant financial situations I have to practice what I preach. I don't have a bottomless pit of money to draw on so I search for those I really would like to have. Maybe because I visited the light, or because I especially like HL rendition of the light.

My preferred method of purchase is by lay-away which my dealer is very helpful with. I think I am the first serious collector they have seen in a while so I have been cleaning out their stock of older pieces one or two at a time. I have located some other older pieces at other area dealers and will get them acquired before long.

I do agree that it sometimes feels like a losing battle with every new batch of introductions that I want.

Just plugging along,

Dave
(Gotta get spell check for those real obvious boo-boos!)

[This message has been edited by Dave H (edited 05-23-99).]